Getting back in to the Hobby, Maybe!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
81
Location
Central Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my wife was talking about starting a FOWLR but I can't have a tank without corals. NO WAY! So I have been thinking about seriously getting back in to the hobby. Hmmmm!
 
Mike you better not be jerking my chain here bro!
 
Yes!! You definitely should!! I know some folks that's been missin' you around here! "D
 
If and when we do get back in to the hobby I am going to go all LEDs. I am going to start doing some research on LEDs and what I should go with.
 
And if anything goes wrong or you have to spend a lot of money, you can blame it on her....:tongue:
 
Yes you should

If you wife says yes, you better take the opportunity before it is gone. For LED's I would go AI SOL. I am new to corals and have three over my 150. I am doing a mixed reef. Everything is doing great. Well at least the stuff my NOOB self has not caused. I have a thread going called A Reefing Family Adventure in members tanks take a look and you can see how the corals are doing. Good luck and welcome back. I do not see that many people from Florida on here so glad to have another Foridian on here.
 
So yes, we will be getting back in to the hobby. We already started the fish room. We have nothing chosen for the actual setup[ yet but have a brand new leather couch is a empty room. I am building a custom Coffee table and a custom book shelve for the room to go with the Fish Tank.

These is one problem. The room has carpet. I don't know if I should put a tank over carpet. What does everyone think?
 
So yes, we will be getting back in to the hobby. We already started the fish room. We have nothing chosen for the actual setup[ yet but have a brand new leather couch is a empty room. I am building a custom Coffee table and a custom book shelve for the room to go with the Fish Tank.

These is one problem. The room has carpet. I don't know if I should put a tank over carpet. What does everyone think?

Glad to hear you are getting back in!

Regarding the carpet, make sure you find out where the tack strips are as it will affect your leveling of the tank and stand. My tank is on carpet and it is just fine... I say build away, however if you are doing an in-wall, I would pull up the carpet carefully and re-lay when the room is done...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new