Getting Back In

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
New to the forum. Had a FOWLR about 12 years ago, just got the itch to get back into the hobby with the goal of a mixed reef.

Finished up my 40 breeder with diy sump and stand. Just finished up my cycle so its full of hair algae. Only critters so far are 3 hermits, 2 margaritas, an emerald crab....a mushroom coral and a cool purple and yellow zoanthid colony.
20191201_160849.jpg

Nice tank!... Welcome to the R2R Family…Great to have to have you

Explore…Learn…Share

7udw.gif

OP
OP
M

MA Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, welcome. I'm glad you joined our group. Dottybacks/Pseudochromis can be pure evil -- you can hear their maniacal laughter as they harass and bully fish larger than themselves. (I've had bad experiences.) Grammas are more on the friendly side. When you get the chance, you should start up a build thread. We would love to follow your tank progress and see the photos you post of your tank. (You will be posting pictures, right?) :)
Clownfish.gif
Woah...really good to know!

Posting progress pics is a great idea...it looks soooo bad right now with brown and green hair algae.....i actually grabbed a planted aquarium grooming kit and giving my small cuc a hand tweezing some of the algae out :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice cabinetry and tank !!

welcome59.jpg

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're talking about a bi color blenny, those guys are awesome! So much personality. Be careful though. They're jumpers and they can find any little hole to get through. I lost one that way.
Could also be talking about a royal gramma! That’s the first thing I thought of when I heard purple and yellow. Both are great!

OP
OP
M

MA Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah...really good to know!

Posting progress pics is a great idea...it looks soooo bad right now with brown and green hair algae.....i actually grabbed a planted aquarium grooming kit and giving my small cuc a hand tweezing some of the algae out :)

So im about 6 weeks in, thought id post an update.....
Man, corals are addictive so far:
Green/blue tip hammer
Blue velvet torch
Tangerine Hammer
Red Blastomusa
Laser Lemon Xoa
Armour of God Xoa
Pink Diamond Xoa
Rainbow Incinerator Paly
Red dotted shroom

Got 2 clowns and a royal gramma in the QT now

Sump got some upgrades too with sea lettuce and my DIY drip system made out of Voss water bottles....i slow drip kalk and soda ash.

20191230_154152.jpg 20191230_154146.jpg 20191230_154128.jpg 20191230_154107.jpg

Back