Getting Back In

MA Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi
New to the forum. Had a FOWLR about 12 years ago, just got the itch to get back into the hobby with the goal of a mixed reef.

Finished up my 40 breeder with diy sump and stand. Just finished up my cycle so its full of hair algae. Only critters so far are 3 hermits, 2 margaritas, an emerald crab....a mushroom coral and a cool purple and yellow zoanthid colony.
20191201_160849.jpg

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
M

MA Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome back to the salty side of life! Awesome looking tank. Got any stocking plans?
Oh yeah, after i round out the cuc with some astreas...i was thinking about a couple clowns, either or coral beauty or flame angel- both look awesome...also one of those 1/2purple/yellow fish i see them around quite a bit...
For the lower level i had a yellow goby before (watchman?) He was fun to watch. Also a madarin eventually- had one of those too, bought him cause the psychadelic colors were awesome, then i read up on them and after about 2 weeks traded him back to the fish store cause i figured he'd starve in my tank :(

OP
M

MA Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Oh yeah, after i round out the cuc with some astreas...i was thinking about a couple clowns, either or coral beauty or flame angel- both look awesome...also one of those 1/2purple/yellow fish i see them around quite a bit...
For the lower level i had a yellow goby before (watchman?) He was fun to watch. Also a madarin eventually- had one of those too, bought him cause the psychadelic colors were awesome, then i read up on them and after about 2 weeks traded him back to the fish store cause i figured he'd starve in my tank :(
Speaking of stocking, how do dartfish do with a wavemaker? Whenever i see them in the store they just kinda hover.

How often do have to clean your aquarium glass?

• Every Day

Votes: 76 10.2%
  • A few Days a Week

Votes: 218 29.3%
  • A Couple Days a Week

Votes: 218 29.3%
  • Once a Week

Votes: 178 23.9%
  • Every 10 or so Days

Votes: 45 6.0%
  • Every Couple of Weeks

Votes: 34 4.6%