Getting Back In

MA Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
New to the forum. Had a FOWLR about 12 years ago, just got the itch to get back into the hobby with the goal of a mixed reef.

Finished up my 40 breeder with diy sump and stand. Just finished up my cycle so its full of hair algae. Only critters so far are 3 hermits, 2 margaritas, an emerald crab....a mushroom coral and a cool purple and yellow zoanthid colony.
20191201_160849.jpg

OP
OP
M

MA Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the salty side of life! Awesome looking tank. Got any stocking plans?

Oh yeah, after i round out the cuc with some astreas...i was thinking about a couple clowns, either or coral beauty or flame angel- both look awesome...also one of those 1/2purple/yellow fish i see them around quite a bit...
For the lower level i had a yellow goby before (watchman?) He was fun to watch. Also a madarin eventually- had one of those too, bought him cause the psychadelic colors were awesome, then i read up on them and after about 2 weeks traded him back to the fish store cause i figured he'd starve in my tank :(

OP
OP
M

MA Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, after i round out the cuc with some astreas...i was thinking about a couple clowns, either or coral beauty or flame angel- both look awesome...also one of those 1/2purple/yellow fish i see them around quite a bit...
For the lower level i had a yellow goby before (watchman?) He was fun to watch. Also a madarin eventually- had one of those too, bought him cause the psychadelic colors were awesome, then i read up on them and after about 2 weeks traded him back to the fish store cause i figured he'd starve in my tank :(
Speaking of stocking, how do dartfish do with a wavemaker? Whenever i see them in the store they just kinda hover.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back