Getting back into saltwater 55G build

How's this.

1659114591018.png
 
Ok, this may be a little unorthodox but using two sumps is what I ended up doing. Left side, overflow drains to bioball side, to the return pump and GFO. The right side is feed from a ball valve from the return line to the skimmer side, and the refugium gravity drains in to the left side return.
20220823_202630.jpg
 
Ok, this may be a little unorthodox but using two sumps is what I ended up doing. Left side, overflow drains to bioball side, to the return pump and GFO. The right side is feed from a ball valve from the return line to the skimmer side, and the refugium gravity drains in to the left side return.
20220823_202630.jpg
I like the bioballs addition. I don’t see much “advanced” biological filtration on many saltwater tanks compared to freshwater probably due to the rocks handling it all. Are you planning on stocking heavy down the road?
 
As heavy as feasible. I know some are not going to like this, but if down the road I need to re-home I have a person who can handle it. Right now I have a 2.5 inch Bristle-tooth Tang, 2.5 inch Ebili Angel, 2.5 inch Melanurus Wrasse, and a Royal Gramma.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwje3NaR4pT6AhXRrmoFHeC8DMcQFnoECAwQAQ&url=https://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-eibli-angelfish-189&usg=AOvVaw20wJAalowu_Cy3FgV7MHrT​

Following and looking forward to fish pics!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new