Too fast to be any good build

subodhs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya All. I have just a a little bit of experience with salt water tanks since I kept one between 2012-2016 when I was in Bay Area. In hindsight it was quite a successful one but at the time it seemed like something I shouldn't have gotten into. I had to tear it down because I was overseas and work had gotten too hectic and took me too far away from the hobby. When the main pump failed , I just asked the LFS guy to come take everything while I am not around.

Reefing was something I used to enjoy so I plan to start again. I know this hobby needs patience but hopefully I can recreate something similar quicker than it took earlier. Along-with some of the mistakes, some successes and hopefully the experience helps. I can't say I am good at this hobby but I cannot claim the newbie badge either. I also don't live in a rental anymore, and it is not Bay Area (now its Florida) and a few things are a lot more known than unknown (or maybe not) than they were in 2012 (thanks to Ryan from BRS... and many others in the community).

I hope you guys will keep me in check. I'm starting to post 2 days after I have finished assembling everything but please allow me a couple posts to catch up on the progress so far.

OP
OP
subodhs

subodhs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230322_133753.jpg

20230322_134555.jpg

It's here! RedSea delivered a little bit early. Maybe this is a sign of things to come? From order to delivery in just 5 days! I didn't even have the installers ready!

OP
OP
subodhs

subodhs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230322_170155.jpg

While I wait for the installers, I started to assemble the cabinet. I already know I ordered a size too big. But how big, we'll find out once this is done.
20230322_190912.jpg

RedSea messed up the part numbers. Also, they can't be worse than IKEA. Come-on, take it easy on my old eyes, at least make the pictures full page!

OP
OP
subodhs

subodhs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230327_194816.jpg

Took me all of 2 days to make enough RO but its finally filled in. And the ReefLED160s are up. How does one get the center arm with the overflow cap in? Do I have to let go of the cap?

OP
OP
subodhs

subodhs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea you can put a tang in there lol.

joking aside that thing is ginormous
It is indeed ginormous! I didn't realize how much bigger it would be compared to the 150G I had earlier. Thought its just another 42G. Silly me. :)

I was planning on putting a Tomini and Yellow tang in there. Do you think they would do well together just by themselves?

OP
OP
subodhs

subodhs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230330_194721.jpg

Unfortunately the AF rock arrived broken a bit much so have to spend a bit of time mending it.
20230405_141341.jpg

UPS isn't very kind in handling things. The box corner was broken and half my stuff was missing. Thankfully, BRS is shipping missing stuff. It is surprising how well meaning the guys at BRS customer service are in this day and age.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back