Getting back into the hobby after a 5 yr break.

OP
OP
R

Reef_prop88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! And Welcome Back!! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Yep, I will be doing a build thread very soon. Just trying to get time to sit down and start it!

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 09082021172644.jpg

Frag Farm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, like most the people introducing themselves on here I am getting back into the hobby after a few year break. I previously had a 125 gallon tank dedicated mainly to fish and mushrooms. This time around I have a bit of a bigger budget for equipment so I will be looking to dive into learning the ins and outs of sps corals. I am setting a 29 gallon up for a year or so to learn on with plans of setting up a 200+ gallon next year once I have everything figured out.
Welcome back to the hobby!! Check out our website fragfarmcoral.com for all of your coral needs. We have many experts in SPS coral working for us if you ever have any questions. Thank you and best of luck!!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, like most the people introducing themselves on here I am getting back into the hobby after a few year break. I previously had a 125 gallon tank dedicated mainly to fish and mushrooms. This time around I have a bit of a bigger budget for equipment so I will be looking to dive into learning the ins and outs of sps corals. I am setting a 29 gallon up for a year or so to learn on with plans of setting up a 200+ gallon next year once I have everything figured out.
Welcome back
Welcome to R2R.JPG

OP
OP
R

Reef_prop88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! And Welcome Back!! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Kenneth Wingerter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! :)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Check out the build thread I started in post above!

Normally when you link your build thread in your account, within an hour your build thread badge appears. I went over to check it out (nice setup by the way!) and its in the right place. I think you just need to go into your account (top ribbon toolbar) and add your URL and voila a badge should appear.

Good luck to you and happy holidays!

OP
OP
R

Reef_prop88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally when you link your build thread in your account, within an hour your build thread badge appears. I went over to check it out (nice setup by the way!) and its in the right place. I think you just need to go into your account (top ribbon toolbar) and add your URL and voila a badge should appear.

Good luck to you and happy holidays!
Thanks for the heads up! I was kinda wondering why I didn't have the build thread badge under my name.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up! I was kinda wondering why I didn't have the build thread badge under my name.

Let me be among the first to say CONGRATULATIONS on your build thread badge - its there now !!!

OP
OP
R

Reef_prop88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the party!!! Can’t wait to see both tanks!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back