Getting back into the hobby after a 5 yr break.

Welcome! And Welcome Back!! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
Yep, I will be doing a build thread very soon. Just trying to get time to sit down and start it!
 
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 09082021172644.jpg
 
Hey everybody, like most the people introducing themselves on here I am getting back into the hobby after a few year break. I previously had a 125 gallon tank dedicated mainly to fish and mushrooms. This time around I have a bit of a bigger budget for equipment so I will be looking to dive into learning the ins and outs of sps corals. I am setting a 29 gallon up for a year or so to learn on with plans of setting up a 200+ gallon next year once I have everything figured out.
Welcome back to the hobby!! Check out our website fragfarmcoral.com for all of your coral needs. We have many experts in SPS coral working for us if you ever have any questions. Thank you and best of luck!!
 
Hey everybody, like most the people introducing themselves on here I am getting back into the hobby after a few year break. I previously had a 125 gallon tank dedicated mainly to fish and mushrooms. This time around I have a bit of a bigger budget for equipment so I will be looking to dive into learning the ins and outs of sps corals. I am setting a 29 gallon up for a year or so to learn on with plans of setting up a 200+ gallon next year once I have everything figured out.
Welcome back
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 
Welcome! And Welcome Back!! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef_prop88-tries-spss-29-gal-build-thread.877650/
 
Hey everybody, like most the people introducing themselves on here I am getting back into the hobby after a few year break. I previously had a 125 gallon tank dedicated mainly to fish and mushrooms. This time around I have a bit of a bigger budget for equipment so I will be looking to dive into learning the ins and outs of sps corals. I am setting a 29 gallon up for a year or so to learn on with plans of setting up a 200+ gallon next year once I have everything figured out.
Welcome back! :)
 
Thanks! Check out the build thread I started in post above!

Normally when you link your build thread in your account, within an hour your build thread badge appears. I went over to check it out (nice setup by the way!) and its in the right place. I think you just need to go into your account (top ribbon toolbar) and add your URL and voila a badge should appear.

Good luck to you and happy holidays!
 
Normally when you link your build thread in your account, within an hour your build thread badge appears. I went over to check it out (nice setup by the way!) and its in the right place. I think you just need to go into your account (top ribbon toolbar) and add your URL and voila a badge should appear.

Good luck to you and happy holidays!
Thanks for the heads up! I was kinda wondering why I didn't have the build thread badge under my name.
 
Thanks for the heads up! I was kinda wondering why I didn't have the build thread badge under my name.

Let me be among the first to say CONGRATULATIONS on your build thread badge - its there now !!!
 
Hey everybody, like most the people introducing themselves on here I am getting back into the hobby after a few year break. I previously had a 125 gallon tank dedicated mainly to fish and mushrooms. This time around I have a bit of a bigger budget for equipment so I will be looking to dive into learning the ins and outs of sps corals. I am setting a 29 gallon up for a year or so to learn on with plans of setting up a 200+ gallon next year once I have everything figured out.
Welcome to the party!!! Can’t wait to see both tanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new