3   0   0
welcome2.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says I should introduce myself. Have been in hobby since 2000. Might know me from Reef Central or DFWMAS. Got divorced 6 years ago and tore down my reef. Got the itch again so I'm back. Starting small with 60 cube.

Attached pic of first reef from 2001 for giggle. Notice those maxi jets. 2x400 halides and 4x 65 PC actinic over a 90 gallon.

FB_IMG_1648589701288.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you left hobby just about as I was moving to Texas, so we missed meeting. Gorgeous tank. Due to COVID, DFWMAS began doing zoom monthly meetings, and due to DFW metroplex size continuing to do zoom hybrid meetings - recent recordings are on DFWMAS YouTube channel. Given club's affiliations with other clubs, there may be people joining in from as far as San Diego, FL or DC. If you come up to Dallas or Frisco for Aquashella or Reef A Palooza this year, then stop by club booth as you may know some of people staffing DFWMAS booth (I'm going to be an event volunteer at both, so I'll be running around helping staff however event needs help but would be cool to meet someone from R2R!)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in San Antonio:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back