Getting back into the hobby.

Juggernoht

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

So about 10 years ago I tried and failed at it, but I am determined this time to do it right. I am just starting and I plan on being patient while taking my time. What I do know is I am really liking the Waterbox Marine 60.2 cube. And I am leaning towards a Kessil A360X for lighting. I want to do mostly soft and lps corals with maybe adding just a few sps towards the top of the tank. So any advice on the Waterbox and the light would be appreciated. I would like to know if one of the A360X would be enough or should I go with two, the tank is 24x24x18.

Thanks

Josey

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! It sounds like you have a decent plan coming together. I have tried and failed as well in the past- one of the key concepts that I figured out is that patience is key to future success. We’re glad you’re here!

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R Family! And welcome back to the hobby. Sounds like your thinking things through. Have to looked at the new Red Sea REEFLED nice option at a really good price. The most expensive part of this hobby is Impatience so your already ahead of the game by taking your time

OP
OP
Juggernoht

Juggernoht

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R Family! And welcome back to the hobby. Sounds like your thinking things through. Have to looked at the new Red Sea REEFLED nice option at a really good price. The most expensive part of this hobby is Impatience so your already ahead of the game by taking your time
Yea I am planning on getting started in approx 10 months. Its driving my kids crazy cause they want to start buying fish now. If I can i am going to try and use it as some teachable moment for them about patience which I did not have a lot of myself 10 years ago.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
giphy (2).gif

#WelcometoR2R

OP
OP
Juggernoht

Juggernoht

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks also for the info on the Red Sea REEFLED, I have been checking them out for a few minutes now. It will be an option for sure when I get closer to putting it all together. I hadnt actually come across them in starting all my research.

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks also for the info on the Red Sea REEFLED, I have been checking them out for a few minutes now. It will be an option for sure when I get closer to putting it all together. I hadnt actually come across them in starting all my research.
I just purchased them for my tank should get them by Friday excited to get them up and running

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back