Getting back into the hobby

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard and read many great things about this website community. After a 4 year break from salt water aquariums, I have started a new adventure with corals. I purchased some used equipment, tank and stand with the hope of taking all of my "learning failures" from the past and finally having a reef tank setup. I have a 40g breeder with a 15g sump. Technology has changed quite a bit from 4 years ago, and is much better "budget friendly" than the past. The tank has been running for 3 days now, with 50lbs of dry rock, 3lbs of live rock and 40lbs of live sand. The cycling process has begun, and will wait for at least 1 week (hopefully by then my ammonia is 0) before inserting CC in the tank. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.

You are now a member of a Great Family…R2R…WELCOME…Explore…Learn …Share

1qNU.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

reeftigergal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard and read many great things about this website community. After a 4 year break from salt water aquariums, I have started a new adventure with corals. I purchased some used equipment, tank and stand with the hope of taking all of my "learning failures" from the past and finally having a reef tank setup. I have a 40g breeder with a 15g sump. Technology has changed quite a bit from 4 years ago, and is much better "budget friendly" than the past. The tank has been running for 3 days now, with 50lbs of dry rock, 3lbs of live rock and 40lbs of live sand. The cycling process has begun, and will wait for at least 1 week (hopefully by then my ammonia is 0) before inserting CC in the tank. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.
Welcome to R2R. You will find accomplished avid loyal and friendly reefers here offering great ideas and knowledge tips and DIY INVENTIONS.
Looking forward to those pics.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 147 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back