Getting back into the hobby

  • Thread starter Thread starter plopezmd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have heard and read many great things about this website community. After a 4 year break from salt water aquariums, I have started a new adventure with corals. I purchased some used equipment, tank and stand with the hope of taking all of my "learning failures" from the past and finally having a reef tank setup. I have a 40g breeder with a 15g sump. Technology has changed quite a bit from 4 years ago, and is much better "budget friendly" than the past. The tank has been running for 3 days now, with 50lbs of dry rock, 3lbs of live rock and 40lbs of live sand. The cycling process has begun, and will wait for at least 1 week (hopefully by then my ammonia is 0) before inserting CC in the tank. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.

You are now a member of a Great Family…R2R…WELCOME…Explore…Learn …Share

1qNU.gif
 
I have heard and read many great things about this website community. After a 4 year break from salt water aquariums, I have started a new adventure with corals. I purchased some used equipment, tank and stand with the hope of taking all of my "learning failures" from the past and finally having a reef tank setup. I have a 40g breeder with a 15g sump. Technology has changed quite a bit from 4 years ago, and is much better "budget friendly" than the past. The tank has been running for 3 days now, with 50lbs of dry rock, 3lbs of live rock and 40lbs of live sand. The cycling process has begun, and will wait for at least 1 week (hopefully by then my ammonia is 0) before inserting CC in the tank. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.
Welcome to R2R. You will find accomplished avid loyal and friendly reefers here offering great ideas and knowledge tips and DIY INVENTIONS.
Looking forward to those pics.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new