getting color back into damaged chalices

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fatmike92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
4,888
Reaction score
4,487
Location
Columbus, ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So about two weeks ago you might of seen that I had a little tank problem where my Alk dropped to about 6.4

I didnt lose any of my chalices but they did lose some of their color.

now they are looking back to normal except that some of them have lost a little of there color.

does anyone have any suggestion on how to make sure they get there color back nice and bright?

ill be doing a water change at least once a week for the next month

thanks!
 
I'd keep doing what your doing and give it time. Stay on top of the alk and try to lock it in to a solid number. Good luck with the recovery.
 
Ok cool and thanks!

Ya I figured there wasn't much I could do but just wasn't sure if I was missing anything
 
just keep your parameters stable,a little patience...and im sure in no time their colors will come back...dont get disappointed for now if color isn't there..they will color up :)been there and trust me as long as everything is stable...lights water chemistry...it will be back to its original color
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new