Getting "crabby"!

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emerald, blue leg and scarlet hermits.
Add electric blue hermits and halloween hermits to that list. They are both awesome grazers in my tank. Strawberry crabs do a pretty good job as well, but I haven't seen them for sale in a few years.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add electric blue hermits and halloween hermits to that list. They are both awesome grazers in my tank. Strawberry crabs do a pretty good job as well, but I haven't seen them for sale in a few years.
Halloweens are good, too. My strawberry crab is more interested in redecorating at the moment...

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible for an invertebrate to have ich "eggs" on it's shell?

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, what would be the easiest method other than setting up a qt system to get rid of the possibility? Fresh water dip?
No dips. To do it right, quarantine in a separate system. TBH, I don't quarantine my inverts, but I run UV and have excellent nutrition for the fish

OP
OP
Stege_saurus

Stege_saurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
inverts are usally kept in tanks with fish. first, inspect the fish. see if the fish are acting wierdly or have spots. if not, the invert is probably safe
I bought 12 blue leg hermits, 4 emeralds, and a fighting conch. Unfortunately the conch's system had fish showing the signs of ich or velvet (being just white spots) so I'll just quarantine them for awhile. How long is sufficient?
What algae? How much? What size tank? Blue knuckle hermit crabs.
Can u keep snails?
D
Green hair I believe, and alot of it. I have a 120g system and pretty much is covered in algae everywhere. I think something may have eaten my previous clean up crew because all I can find is snails and no more crabs.

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 12 blue leg hermits, 4 emeralds, and a fighting conch. Unfortunately the conch's system had fish showing the signs of ich or velvet (being just white spots) so I'll just quarantine them for awhile. How long is sufficient?

Green hair I believe, and alot of it. I have a 120g system and pretty much is covered in algae everywhere. I think something may have eaten my previous clean up crew because all I can find is snails and no more crabs.
72 days is the lifespan of ich. so 72 days. ive heard of 48 days at 80*, but im not sure

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back