Getting my Ornate Leopard Wrasse to eat

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my LFS called me in yesterday because he had a client who was quiting the hobby. In his stock he had an ornate leopard wrasse. Hes had her for over a year. So knowing Leopard are notorious for not eating I thought this was an amazing opportunity to get myself an established fellow.

I got him home, drip and temp accommodated and put him in an acclamation box in my DT. He's not eating. I've tried flakes, pellets, and frozen misus shrimp (with garlic). No clue what he was eating before. Do you think he's just stressed being in his box and will eat once free? He has a cup with sand in the acclamation box, but I have yet to see him use it. He just swims around the bottom and up the sides trying to escape.

The tank mates are paying him 0 attention so I plan to release him tomorrow. But I'm worried about keeping him fed.

Tank is a 3yr old 150 gal.
Stock: Lawnmower blenny, 2 dwarf angles (coal beauty and half black), a bonded pair of clowns (misbar moca and flurry) a blue watchman goby and his Pistol shrimp), and maybe an orange back wrasse. ( I say maybe bc he disappeared a week ago, but I hear they do that so im holding out hope lol ) and a brittle star that hasn't moved from under his rock in the corner since I got him 2 years ago. Red and blue hermits and a variety of turbos, and trocus snails.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throw some in front of power head just a aliitle you get him interested

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Allow it time to settle in. How long did you acclimate it?
Better choices would be brine shrimp, pods, or LRS fish frenzy

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let him out of box they need to bury and once they feel safe will then start to eat
+1 - Let him in your tank and bury himself. He will come out to eat. My BLUE star Leopard Wrasses eat LRS Reef Frenzy, Clam slices, pellets & two of the three have even started to eat Nori

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back