Getting ready for a tank move, suggestions please

Arsenix2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting ready to move my 39 gallon mixed reef next week. Has softies, lps, sps and 40 lbs of live rock. All HOB filtration and skimming.

Moving into a 75 gallon aqueon with a trigger ruby 30 sump that has been running for about a week and a half with 80 lbs of carib sea life rock, 80 lbs of natures ocean live sand. I dosed it with two bottles of biospira, took a filter pad off my old tank and let it run in the sump for a few days and also fed a few cubes of mysis shrimp.

I was planning on taking 10 gallons of old tank water from the 38 to the 75 over tomorrow to it for a water change. Test to make sure all parameters are similar and on the day of the move, getting 6, 5 gallon buckets with lids and taking over all coral and livestock along with the 25 ish gallons of water and placing them/introducing them and adding the 25 gallons of water to the new tank as a water change. Tank inhabitants are a large rock urchin, 2 clowns, a yellow watchman, coral.beauty, fire shrimp and very small clean up crew. I will be transferring my cheato from my hob reactor to the sump refugium with a kessil tuna refugium light. Does this plan sound.ok? Any alterations or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Obtain and utilize a tub like a Rubbermaid type. Place all coral and tank water in tub. Add a cup of water from 75 gallon every 15 minutes 8 times. Doing this will acclimate coral to new tank. Reduce lights to blue on introduction as you transfer.
After all coral is in, add carbon to reduce any toxins released

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you search this subject within R2R....you will have about 147 hours worth of reading to do that has has covered this subject AT NAUSEUM

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back