Getting ready to start my first saltwater tank....

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to reef2reef !!!!

REEFer86

View Badges
Reaction score
I am saving up to jump in to the hobby. I have watched the BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing on YouTube. I joined this forum so I can do additional research. My "plan" is to get a 180 gallon tank (72x24x24) with a 56 gallon sump. In addition to the normal things needed in the sump (skimmer and return pump) I want to run a Zeovit reactor and a two part doser. I plan on having fish and corals in the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Curtis
I am saving up to jump in to the hobby. I have watched the BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing on YouTube. I joined this forum so I can do additional research. My "plan" is to get a 180 gallon tank (72x24x24) with a 56 gallon sump. In addition to the normal things needed in the sump (skimmer and return pump) I want to run a Zeovit reactor and a two part doser. I plan on having fish and corals in the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Curtis
Love it! Look forward to the progress!

Revmh

View Badges
Reaction score

Thanks
Curtis
Exciting!!! Welcome to R2R and the hobby. This is a great place to get your questions answered. We're glad to have you. Prepare for a great journey.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Very nice scaping!! Leave pipe white. Paint will peel eventually and cause issues

Last edited:

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome! This place is full of knowledge. Check out the stickies at the top and ask questions.

Also if you want good videos I’d recommend BRStv and Reefbuilders YouTube channels they are amazing.

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Very nice! Make sure you make as much of the tank automated as you can! When I upgraded from a 55 to 90 the work load required from it made me dislike the hobby for a few years. Now I am back into it and all I really have to do is check parameters and do a water change! I am now in love with my tank!

What corals grow the best in your tank?

• SPS Corals

Votes: 74 34.3%
  • LPS Corals

Votes: 103 47.7%
  • Soft Corals

Votes: 63 29.2%
  • Zoanthids

Votes: 56 25.9%
  • Other (please post in the thread)

Votes: 11 5.1%

Online statistics