Getting Rid of Pyramid Snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter JSB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
715
Reaction score
21
Location
Madison, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite having taken care to purchase clams from a reputable vendor, and scrub the clams clean before I put them in the tank (no I did not quarantine them as they were the first), my large derasa is sporting a few pyramid snails. While I know how to remove them from the clam, I am less sure how to remove them from the tank. As my tank is quiet stable and calm in its temperament, I am reluctant to add a wrasse, yet I am less reluctant to lose a clam.

Are there any other options?
 
I agree, check out the link posted above, that guy really know's his clams:tongue:

I also recommend adding a Yellow Coris Wrasse, they do wonders for snail removal.
 
Alright, I added a wrasse (a sixline, recommended by the clam book as the yellow coris wasn't readily available). I have been pulling out the derasa regularly and scrubbing, and might have that one under control, but now I see them on all three of my croceas and my maxima that are approaching impossible to remove. I hope the sixline does his stuff.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new