Getting started on my build. Take 2

Jayk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my second tank after many years hiatus. First tank I was uneducated and just ran into the hobby fingers crossed. Didn't work out and lost everything. After some research in recent days it seems I may have lost it all because of velvet. Had an impulse buy on some fish, no quarantine and then the tank died days later. Spots were everywhere, more so then what I've seen from Ick photos.

However that is not the point of this thread, this thread is about my take 2 on the hobby! I have been researching endlessly for a good 2 to 3 months, watching BRS 52 weeks of reefing, 5 Minute Guide, WWC Hybrid Method and the ULM (I have been going hard with research this time around). I've been looking at quarantine methods thanks to Humblefish threads and many more key things to know about. I have received my first order of gear for the Tank! I am gonna take things slow, starting with a 40 Gallon Breeder with a 20 Gallon long sump. The gear I received today were my RO/DI unit, Wavemakers, Return pump and Protein Skimmer.

RO/DI - Spectrapure 4 Stage 90GPD
Wavemakers - IceCap 2k Gyre x2 (One with controller, one with pump only)
Return Pump - Reef Octopus Varios2
Skimmer - IceCap K1-130 (Oversized but hoping it will all work out once stocked up)

Its not much but boy does it got me excited again! I wanted to get gear this time around that wouldn't cost me a fortune but also help me achieve high end results with good build qualities. I will keep updating this post for the future! Thanks for taking the time!

rsz_1_20200422_174755-min.jpg

Dr. Phil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I look forward to seeing more as you go through the setup process!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back