Getting to know other people here

  • Thread starter Thread starter twilliard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm Mike. I've been sober (tankless) for 4 years. I feel like I am about to fall off the wagon (again) and am in the very early stages of planning another setup.

Last tank was a 36x36x18 cube with 8 bulb T5 lighting.
 
sitting at work. I need to replace the transmission mount, clutch, and flywheel on my truck so im looking up parts.
 
You can save some money like that.
 
well considering I got quoted 795 bucks for them to swap it out for me yeah ill save a ton. no idea why they want to charge so much. they get parts cheaper than I do, and its 18 easily accessible bolts, 4 bolts that you gotta work for, 4 bolts that's gotta be taken off with an air gun, then reverse. itll only take a shop about 2 hours or so. at 70 an hour plus parts it should only cost around 300... not 795!
 
well considering I got quoted 795 bucks for them to swap it out for me yeah ill save a ton. no idea why they want to charge so much. they get parts cheaper than I do, and its 18 easily accessible bolts, 4 bolts that you gotta work for, 4 bolts that's gotta be taken off with an air gun, then reverse. itll only take a shop about 2 hours or so. at 70 an hour plus parts it should only cost around 300... not 795!
Mechanics charge allot for labor.
 
yeah, its 70 an hour on average lol some places are much much higher but out here its about 70 an hour for this type of work.

I meant to post this yesterday... not sure why it didn't post. it was saved as a draft instead lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new