GHA - Reef Flux should I pull the trigger?

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

Need a bit of advice. I have been fighting some GHA and want to try Reef Flux or Fluconazole

Back story
Moved my tank to a larger 60 gal to a 110 and used my old rock and new sand my levels started rising po4 .25 and NO2 to 25. GHA started taking over I cut lights, less feeding, more water changes and pulling out from tank has not worked at all.
After I started using no-pox to lower my Nitrates it was worked great once they lower down to around 10 then i started using ElimMP from britewell aquatics this stuff works great in a few months I was able to lower my PO4 to .08 and NO3 to 0.
I have been running close to this levels for at least a month Algae wont seem to die at all

My equipment is

Klir flilter ( I think this is what is making my NO3 0 BTW)
Skimmer Aquiamaxx FC120 (skimmer is running well)
Algea srubber Clear view ( scrubber is not producing anything as of now I'm guessing my low levels have something to do with it)

Stock

Yellow tang (wont touch Algae)
Blue tang (same wont eat it )
Clown fish
2 chromies
royal gamma
diamond goby
urchin

I have replenish my CUC 3 times and they don't seem to care about my GHA they all end up dying

So my question is should I pull the trigger of REEF FLUX?

TIA :)

OP
OP
Edgar F

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
adding pic

Attachments

• 20210929_125756.jpg
    20210929_125756.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 47

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I battled GHA for several months, in the end I used phosphate rx to drop my phosphate numbers to .03, then I dosed Vibrant for 7 weeks along with hydrogen peroxide for 4 weeks, I also dosed 50ml phyto every day.
Everyday I took a hose and syphoned the rocks, when the combination started to work, the GHA started to come off the rocks in huge chunks, but I kept up with this routine for weeks.
Finally all the GHA just sloughed off the rocks.

It's been months now that I am GHA free, I don't use anything to combat the GHA I just watch my phosphates and dose phyto.

Now I must add that my tank was new and I now feel that the tank matured.
That might have helped, but it worked.

Good luck, this battle is winnable.

christopher.lauwers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used it recently. Nuked my GHA for sure. Tank is still recovering a bit. But I’m getting there.
I have used it in the past successfully. Sps frags only.

OP
OP
Edgar F

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it recently. Nuked my GHA for sure. Tank is still recovering a bit. But I’m getting there.
did it have any bad reaction in the tank, fish or corals?

OP
OP
Edgar F

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have some some fiah that are kind sensitive blue tang is one of them im kid of worry something will happend to them :(

OP
OP
Edgar F

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I battled GHA for several months, in the end I used phosphate rx to drop my phosphate numbers to .03, then I dosed Vibrant for 7 weeks along with hydrogen peroxide for 4 weeks, I also dosed 50ml phyto every day.
Everyday I took a hose and syphoned the rocks, when the combination started to work, the GHA started to come off the rocks in huge chunks, but I kept up with this routine for weeks.
Finally all the GHA just sloughed off the rocks.

It's been months now that I am GHA free, I don't use anything to combat the GHA I just watch my phosphates and dose phyto.

Now I must add that my tank was new and I now feel that the tank matured.
That might have helped, but it worked.

Good luck, this battle is winnable.
thank you for the tip i know the pain been fighting this algae since February, vibrant did it for 6 weeks and did nothing i figure that it was because my phosphates were around .9 so i figured i need to lower those down.
I will probably start a new round of vibrant every 2 weeks for a month or 2 if it doesnt work maybe reef flux not sure wanted to get some more input

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back