GHL $1000 Gift Certificate Giveaway

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a bit of a drag for GHL to come out with a contest to win coupons for money off on their product and then QUALIFY this contest by making you purchase the lights at full price FIRST. IMO it would have made more sense to have a contest where IF you win you can use the coupon to offset the purchase price of GHL equipment. This seems a little *** backwards.....
I love these lights and GHL products on the whole, they also have great customer service....BUT....the LX7206, as with any top of the line LED fixture, is not cheap, as such they are an investment..... Can anyone tell me why a $750 fixture doesn't come with a simple wire hanging kit !!!
Come on now GHL.....don't you think that's a bit ridiculous!!! JMO.

I agree whole heartedly with Mr. Alex......how does a contest get predicated on already having purchased the item?

You've been a member here for 2.5 years.
In that time you have a whopping 20 or so posts.
I counted at least 12 that are in contest threads.
So not only do you barely contribute to the forum, you are complaining about how a $1000 prize is given away?

You clearly missed the point of this thread. GHL was looking for some well thought out reviews and before/after pics from people's experiences with their new light. How do you expect to get this without actually owning and using said product?
My suggestion for you is to spend less time whining, less time trying to get something for nothing, and more time making some positive contributions to the forum.
Even the occasional "hey, nice tank you have there" would be a more productive and positive use of your time. We would like that very much!

Also, last I checked... this fixture is $50 cheaper than the Radion G4 Pro. Which btw, also doesn't include a hanging kit.
Take $25 of that and buy a Sunlight Supply hanging kit. You are still $25 ahead.

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding.......Listen, I am a long time member of multiple reef clubs and have over 1700 posts on RC....(do you think I contribute there?). I was unaware that I had to reach a certain quota before I could make a comment here. Is that a new R2R rule? R2R sends out emails to my personal email address prompting me to enter into these promotions and now I am to be publicly "called out" on it? I don't feel the need to justify my posting for contests. I am entitled to my opinion whether you agree or not......I don't think you should be posting negative comments or passing judgment on me based on my personal opinion which I am entitled to. You would think that you would have better things to do with your time other than COUNT the # of my posts or contest entries.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eddie-griffin-popcorn.gif

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding.......Listen, I am a long time member of multiple reef clubs and have over 1700 posts on RC....(do you think I contribute there?). I was unaware that I had to reach a certain quota before I could make a comment here. Is that a new R2R rule? R2R sends out emails to my personal email address prompting me to enter into these promotions and now I am to be publicly "called out" on it? I don't feel the need to justify my posting for contests. I am entitled to my opinion whether you agree or not......I don't think you should be posting negative comments or passing judgment on me based on my personal opinion which I am entitled to. You would think that you would have better things to do with your time other than COUNT the # of my posts or contest entries.
What you do on other forums is irrelevant. So is what you feel is a good use of a staff member's time.
We encourage ALL members to participate in the R2R contests. It's one of the things that makes R2R so great. Something that other forums DO NOT do.
This is just one of the many advantages we feel R2R has to offer over other forums.
You were not "called out" on entering this giveaway or commenting. I commented on your complaints, not only about the giveaway but the item itself, including price to purchase one.
You are more than entitled to your opinion (as am I) and IMO, you are looking a gift horse in the mouth, and missing the whole point of this particular giveaway.
Some require nothing more than a post in the thread, some require social media exposure, and this one required an honest user review of the product.
Your complaint was that in order to win a very substantial coupon to be applied towards any GHL product, you had to submit a user review of this one particular product.
If you do not already own one, or do not want to purchase one, then simply move on and enter one of the many other giveaways.

Since you brought it up, here's a link to the Terms and Rules for your review.
https://www.reef2reef.com/help/terms

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"You've been a member here for 2.5 years. In that time you have a whopping 20 or so posts. I counted at least 12 that are in contest threads. So not only do you barely contribute to the forum, you are complaining............"

You didn't call me out on only posting to enter contests? Which you now agree that R2R solicits entries. You're not being sarcastic? ...in my whopping 20 posts which I barely contribute.....

A moderator should remain neutral and only post when someone is in violation. Negative sarcasm does not contribute anything but rather serves to infuriate others. My opinion on the subject was in essence contributing to the post....that's why I received several likes to my post. I don't agree with your interpretation nor your opinion. Let's leave it at that !!!

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish i could start this build with some Mitras to go with my new GHL controller.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back