GHL and Mac... Fear not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use bootcamp when doing firmware updates. I find that emulators will have issues when the processor boot's into bootloader mode. I know this because I had to update 4 doser 2 during the upgrade to KH director.:) Once I booted into bootcamp all was easy.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been trying to update the firmware via a window 7 pc laptop and it's been a bust. I've even tried the emergency firmware update and nothing. I REALLY HATE PC'S!!!!!!!!! Honestly, why can't GHL update via myGHL or browser? what the heck? All I get are errors messages. I can't seem to update the driver on the vcom port (says its up to date).

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like the issue with the Windows 7 driver more than anything. Let me know how the alternate driver I sent you does for you.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being able to update the firmware unless using a PC is the the only thing that is now stopping me purchasing the P4. I am desperate for the ability to update from an app or the webserver. Is there any plans to resolve this?

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my new GHL 2.1 doser on Tuesday this week. I cant wait to get it set up, but have a MacBook Air and needless to say having issues getting started. I have to get a buddy of mine to help me do the initial set up. I did not do did not do enough research before buying and was under the impression I could set up the doser with my iphone. I feel sure i will get this done but GHL needs to make this set process a lot easier for this to be the one of the best dosers available. IMO!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my new GHL 2.1 doser on Tuesday this week. I cant wait to get it set up, but have a MacBook Air and needless to say having issues getting started. I have to get a buddy of mine to help me do the initial set up. I did not do did not do enough research before buying and was under the impression I could set up the doser with my iphone. I feel sure i will get this done but GHL needs to make this set process a lot easier for this to be the one of the best dosers available. IMO!
Hopefully you have a friend who has a windows 10 laptop? If not, you'll have to install parallels or something similar on you mac in order to install windows to get things rollin'. I agree, not allowing mac users the ability to install/setup the doser or profilux out of the box is a big turn off for some people.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%
Back