GHL and Mac... Fear not.

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by d2mini, Jan 9, 2017.

1. reefwiser

reefwiser LMAS R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Article Contributor

I use bootcamp when doing firmware updates. I find that emulators will have issues when the processor boot's into bootloader mode. I know this because I had to update 4 doser 2 during the upgrade to KH director.:) Once I booted into bootcamp all was easy.

2. minus9

minus9 Active Member

I've been trying to update the firmware via a window 7 pc laptop and it's been a bust. I've even tried the emergency firmware update and nothing. I REALLY HATE PC'S!!!!!!!!! Honestly, why can't GHL update via myGHL or browser? what the heck? All I get are errors messages. I can't seem to update the driver on the vcom port (says its up to date).

Clownfishy likes this.
  3. Marco@GHLUSA

Marco@GHLUSA GHL Team R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

This sounds like the issue with the Windows 7 driver more than anything. Let me know how the alternate driver I sent you does for you.

4. Clownfishy

Clownfishy Active Member UK Reef Club Member Build Thread Contributor

Not being able to update the firmware unless using a PC is the the only thing that is now stopping me purchasing the P4. I am desperate for the ability to update from an app or the webserver. Is there any plans to resolve this?

5. Slicktop

Slicktop Active Member R2R Supporter

Got my new GHL 2.1 doser on Tuesday this week. I cant wait to get it set up, but have a MacBook Air and needless to say having issues getting started. I have to get a buddy of mine to help me do the initial set up. I did not do did not do enough research before buying and was under the impression I could set up the doser with my iphone. I feel sure i will get this done but GHL needs to make this set process a lot easier for this to be the one of the best dosers available. IMO!

minus9 likes this.
  6. minus9

minus9 Active Member

Hopefully you have a friend who has a windows 10 laptop? If not, you'll have to install parallels or something similar on you mac in order to install windows to get things rollin'. I agree, not allowing mac users the ability to install/setup the doser or profilux out of the box is a big turn off for some people.

Draft saved Draft deleted