GHL cheap plastic junk?

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My profilux has woken me up 3 days in a row to this super loud, annoying beep that the software has no way to turn off without turning off the entire system - brilliant design! It says pab error. I changed every pab cable to a new one yesterday, and it went away, and now is back again, waking me up again this morning. I cannot see my KH director listed on the PAB devices so I'm assuming that's it. You really need to add an option to silence alarms, kinda hard to live in a home with an alarm going like this that can't be muted.

Please advise on what to do, about to throw all this stuff into the trash as I'm sick of your product always being broken honestly. I switched to GHL from Apex because apex is junk, only to find out GHL is junk too just German junk instead of American junk. By far the worst products I've ever bought from Germany. None of the buttons on the profilux work no matter how many time I use haptic key setting. This thing is junk, sadly.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My profilux has woken me up 3 days in a row to this super loud, annoying beep that the software has no way to turn off without turning off the entire system - brilliant design! It says pab error. I changed every pab cable to a new one yesterday, and it went away, and now is back again, waking me up again this morning. I cannot see my KH director listed on the PAB devices so I'm assuming that's it. You really need to add an option to silence alarms, kinda hard to live in a home with an alarm going like this that can't be muted.

Please advise on what to do, about to throw all this stuff into the trash as I'm sick of your product always being broken honestly. I switched to GHL from Apex because apex is junk, only to find out GHL is junk too just German junk instead of American junk. By far the worst products I've ever bought from Germany. None of the buttons on the profilux work no matter how many time I use haptic key setting. This thing is junk, sadly.
Try plugging into a surge protected power strip. There is such a thing as "dirty electricity". Just a suggestion. Hope it works for you.

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20240313-124256~2.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back