GHL clearance, should I buy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schulks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hoping they discount the gel products more. I wanna get the mega set and several accessories, but I feel they will be going lower on their prices.
GHL and their distributors are having a 15% off sale until July, controllers and dosers iiac

BRS doesn't carry GHL any longer
 
Hoping they discount the gel products more. I wanna get the mega set and several accessories, but I feel they will be going lower on their prices.

The prices went up on what they have left. No longer an additional 25% off in cart like there was. It is now just the 20% off. The mega set is all sold all they have left for controller sets is the starter set.

1718711060777.png
 
They just put the 4e starter set on sale for $295, I just grabbed one and it looks like I’m going to give GHL a try. I’m a fan of set and forget so reliability is what I want and everything I have read says GHL fits that bill. I still have some reefkeeper controllers running that have not had any updates in over a decade (I know I just cursed them lol) but that is what I want in a controller.

Thanks to all the members that added reviews to this thread as it really helped solidify the idea that GHL fits my reliability goals. Hydros may eventually hit those standards but it is too new to know if you can set a hydros controller and do nothing to it for for a decade
 
They just put the 4e starter set on sale for $295, I just grabbed one and it looks like I’m going to give GHL a try. I’m a fan of set and forget so reliability is what I want and everything I have read says GHL fits that bill. I still have some reefkeeper controllers running that have not had any updates in over a decade (I know I just cursed them lol) but that is what I want in a controller.

Thanks to all the members that added reviews to this thread as it really helped solidify the idea that GHL fits my reliability goals. Hydros may eventually hit those standards but it is too new to know if you can set a hydros controller and do nothing to it for for a decade
You'll love them, once you figure them out! I still have not, but Vinny is my "go to guy" we do phone and computer assist as needed, and he's always just the nicest guy! Congrats on your GHL purchase!!
 
I love my GHL systems. I have 2 Profilux 4 mega sets, 4 dosers, and 2 Kh directors. Had difficulty doing updates at first but I can handle it now also Vinny and Gael are very helpful. It seams many others too so if you need assistance just ask on here. or put in a ticket at

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/
 
I love my GHL systems. I have 2 Profilux 4 mega sets, 4 dosers, and 2 Kh directors. Had difficulty doing updates at first but I can handle it now also Vinny and Gael are very helpful. It seams many others too so if you need assistance just ask on here. or put in a ticket at

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/
Glad to hear there is a support group to help if needed. Pretty excited to try it out as I do like that they have a long track record and they focus on reliability vs constant innovation that equates for increased potential for issues. I still only use tunze 3155 ATO’s vs all the new fancy ATO’s as they have such an amazing track record.
 
I have a Profilux 4, KH director, a maxi doser and several 4 head dosers and 6 power bars and 3 Mitras fixtures.

I don’t find it complicated at all. Other people act like it is impossible to use. I don’t get it, but I am not them. The dashboard is not great and in desperate need of a modern refresh. The pc based software for setup is old and dated but really not needed for anything but a few firmware update and all of that is being moved to the web app. The hardware is solid as is the stability and functionality.

CoralVue - not a fan of their customer service over the years. Other folks may have a far better opinion and I may be on an island.
I will echo this sentiment regarding GHL completely (although I do not have near the amount of equipment Bean has listed).

At first there was a learning curve to understand terminology and logic, but I've had absolutely 0 issues with the hardware.

I got my system originally 3 years ago and at the time I was torn between Apex and GHL. VERY glad I went with GHL
 
GHL… my opinion is same a BeanAnimal with respect to GHL. Also you get 2 year warranty…

I have P4, Kh-director and the dosing 2.1 pumps. Been using P4 and dosing pumps for 6 years now… and the original probes, I think I may have to replace the salinity probe it just started acting up.

GHL just works so no need for me to get the next shiny box…
6 year old probes still working? that's insane! I was thinking of going for the 4e cause i didn't want te replace the salinity probe yearly, but knowing this i might spring for the full version.
 
6 year old probes still working? that's insane! I was thinking of going for the 4e cause i didn't want te replace the salinity probe yearly, but knowing this i might spring for the full version.
I'm at year 3 with probes. No issues
 
I've been using a Profilux 4 for the last three years on my system.

I travel away for 4-6 weeks at a time and It is the only controller I would ever trust to run the system fully automated and unattended for that period of time.

I don't find it difficult to understand or program, but I'm an engineer by profession and work with gear like this much of the time,

If I could buy one t the prices BRS are advertising, I'd buy another.

Can't comment on support, the GHL forums are fine but I've never needed them.
 
6 year old probes still working? that's insane! I was thinking of going for the 4e cause i didn't want te replace the salinity probe yearly, but knowing this i might spring for the full version.
So last week I replaced the conductivity probe (it finally gave up) and the pH probe (the new one behaves just like the old one).

I am still using the original OPR (not really sure what the use of this is, if it dies I am not planning to replace it) and the temperature probe.

I do clean the probes in mild citric acid solution once a month. I dip it in for a minute and wipe clean, back into tank. Also they are not fully submerged, only the tip is in the water. So my old probe looked just as clean as the new probe that I replaced it with.
I seen some other users that have things growing on the probes etc… so some care helps.
I use baking soda for my two part dosing, I don’t use any high pH alk additives, so that may have helped.

Good luck,
 
I am over a year in (at least?) on the original probes. I too have no plan on replacing ORP if/when it dies. Useless metric for me.
 
I got my hydros launch today!

I bought it right before they lowered the 4e to $295.
I would have GHL if I caught that. I'm excited to try out hydros though.
Apex seems like it would have been the worst option for me

20240627_142933.jpg
I was considering the launch as well, I have the x2 and it seems ok. I’m excited to try the GHL though as they have a long track record of reliability. Hydros may get there but they are too new to know. GHL is established and unlike Apex they seem committed to reliability even if that means they don’t come out with all the bells and whistles of the others. I’m probably going to go with a hybrid system that uses both Hydros and GHL. I like the idea of redundancy and I typically don’t let my controllers automate too much I like them as more of a monitor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new