GHL Control Center Hangs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to setup the GHL Doser 2; but I'm not having any luck. My current issue is that the GHL Control Center software hangs upon startup. My fist issue was not being able to get the software to recognize the device via USB. I went into the software settings and told it to automatically connect; I wonder if that's causing the current issue. I try to click something and the software goes into Not Responding mode. Leaving the only choice to kill it. Connecting the Doser 2 via USB does not help. I've tried starting the software before and after the USB connection is active. With the unit off and on. I've tried uninstalling the software. Nothing.

I'm using a Surface Pro 2 and Windows 10.

I'm waiting to be activated to post on the GHL forums.

ReefRocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you have the USB cable connected, does the PC detect it? Take a look at your device manager.

It can take 5 to 10 seconds to connect via USB. If you click too soon, that "not responding" message will show up.

OP
OP
BigHildy53

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The computer beeps to recognize an added or removed device. In device manager it shows as a COM port (COM5).

When opened the program just hangs. I've waited over 5 minutes before doing anything on the computer. The pointer just spins in a circle.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BigHildy53 - which version of GCC did you download and install?

I apologize for the delay, I've been moving this weekend and just got settled down.

nc208082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem when first connecting and the issue was with windows. 10 left out some usb drivers which were needed to read the usb connected.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit the connection in GHL Control Center and set the COM interface to COM 5 instead of AUTO.

nc208082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you resolve the issue?
Yes I installed the software on my other pc which was running Windows 7 and it worked perfectly. My issue was windows 10 was missing Virtual USB port drivers so the software wasn't detecting it plugged in.

OP
OP
BigHildy53

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit the connection in GHL Control Center and set the COM interface to COM 5 instead of AUTO.
The software hangs when started. So I don't have the opportunity to make changes. Unless there is a configuration file I can change manually.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Odd - I have not been able to replicate this issue, but I don't have access to a Surface Pro 2. I've tried on multiple Win10 laptops over the past 24hrs, not able to replicate.

Just wondering, any Anti Virus, corporate MDM, domain Policies, work software that may lock the machine down? If you have any AntiVirus software installed, could you temporarily disable it any try again..

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back