Ghl diy level sensors

Aquajan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

Just wanted to share a little diy project as I couldn't find any info on it yet.

I wanted to put an one optical level sensor and 3 float switches on my profilux 4 for ato and awc but I didn't wanted to buy all new sensors while I all had them laying around here..

So after I couldn't find any info on diy connecting an optical level sensor to a p4 i have meshured all the ports on the p4 and this is wath I came up with (see photo)

This only works with an optical sensor that is suited for 12v DC.
Float switch is just a hard on/off contact.

You must measure the ps/2 cable your selve as the wiring colors are not universal the same.

With the cable i used the wire colors are:
Level 1: gl 12v+ gr com - or switch contact
Level 2: rd 12v+ br com - zw switch

IMPORTANT!
It is ofcouse your own risk when you do this and be sure not to short whire any wires when connected to the p4.

WHEN YOU DAMAGE THE P4 WARANTY IS GONE!

IMG_20190809_133042.jpg

OP
OP
Aquajan

Aquajan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

Just wanted to share a little diy project as I couldn't find any info on it yet.

I wanted to put an one optical level sensor and 3 float switches on my profilux 4 for ato and awc but I didn't wanted to buy all new sensors while I all had them laying around here..

So after I couldn't find any info on diy connecting an optical level sensor to a p4 i have meshured all the ports on the p4 and this is wath I came up with (see photo)

You must measure the ps/2 cable your selve as the wiring colors are not universal the same.

IMPORTANT!
It is ofcouse your own risk when you do this and be sure not to short whire any wires when connected to the p4.

IMG_20190809_133042.jpg
On this picture the contact 6 has to be +12v and contact 4 Com -

Aaronreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

IMPORTANT!

IMG_20190809_133042.jpg
Hi, I'm trying to do a float switch for my skimmer, I've read somewhere else that I should be using pins 1-2 for a non optical switch. I've measured the voltage from my P4 on pins 1-2 and getting 12V. I've noticed you are using pins 5-6 for a standard float switch should there be any volts from these pins ?

Kngfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you choose to split open a ps/2 cable and not use either an ADIN card and generic breakout box or an GHL S/L port breakout box? Can this not be done with the GHL S/L breakout box when connected to an L port on the unit?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back