GHL doser 2.1 for ato/awc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

zid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a red sea reefer 170 . i do a 2 liter water change daily and is planning to get a GHL doser 2.1. Can i use the programming of the automatic dosing (upto 150 times ) for the water change. This way the pump will be running for short periods. I thought of getting the maxi doser but decided against as it as i need 3 pumps. my ato need is about 1-2 liters per day.
currently i am using a autoaqua smart awc but those small pumps don't last .( i had to change x6 in 6 months)
For alkalinity,Mg and Ca dosing i use a coral Box wifi doser.
i have searched for GHL doser 2.1 awc /ato set up information but has failed to to find. I have found awc set up for P4 controller but not for the doser 2.1
Thank you for all the suggestions

2000se

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you already own the ghl? I think there are better solutions than the ghl for this requirement if you don’t.
I personally use a dual head Stenner for this. It is made more for continuous duty. Pricing is not that different.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would put to much wear on the little Doser 2.1 heads and motors. Also, I‘m not sure how far away your storage tank is and your waste drain. The length could be another factor to consider.
The Doser 2.1 can be set up to do it, I just don’t think I would. There are several ways to set it up depending on your equipment.

OP
OP
Z

zid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a P3 many years ago. my new salt water container is 1.5meters away and the drain is about 3 meters away from the tank and it is almost horizontal along the floor ,doser will be about 0.5 meters above the sump.
my second option will be 2x maxi dosers.
i have looked at the ecotech versa that is very good but doesn't have a fail safe options like the GHL. That leaves the litermeter which probably is the most reliable . As you know it doesn't have internet connectivity for remote monitoring.

AZMSGT can you please let me know how to set up the doser 2.1 for awc with the automatic option of choosing up to 150 times dosing. The instruction i see is under the dosing option ,is the automatic 150 times option available for programming under the awc/ato. If the doser 2.1 pump is small i can use it with a maxi doser. Thank you again for the suggestions

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a P3 many years ago. my new salt water container is 1.5meters away and the drain is about 3 meters away from the tank and it is almost horizontal along the floor ,doser will be about 0.5 meters above the sump.
my second option will be 2x maxi dosers.
i have looked at the ecotech versa that is very good but doesn't have a fail safe options like the GHL. That leaves the litermeter which probably is the most reliable . As you know it doesn't have internet connectivity for remote monitoring.

AZMSGT can you please let me know how to set up the doser 2.1 for awc with the automatic option of choosing up to 150 times dosing. The instruction i see is under the dosing option ,is the automatic 150 times option available for programming under the awc/ato. If the doser 2.1 pump is small i can use it with a maxi doser. Thank you again for the suggestions
All you need to do is set the dosing schedule to remove with one pump and add with the other. You can set it up to do it on a rotating schedule or you can set it up to do it at specific times.

OP
OP
Z

zid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AZMSGT
Does the software programming associate the dosing schedule / rotating schedule( i assume this is the automatic up to 150times option) to the ATO so that the no evaporation top up happen during the awc.
This is what i am inquiring , when you set the above said method you don't need to programe the ato/awc controller to a control circuit.

-you set the maxi doser to dosing /rotating schedule
-set the ato to 2 sensor option and associate with a the control circuit
-Then use program logic to disable ato when the dosing is on
is this correct or is there a better way in programing. I plan to use a stand alone maxi doser and a slave maxi for the ato.
i plan to go the maxi dose option as the general view is the doser 2.1 is not ideal for awc.
thanks again for the advise

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Then use program logic to disable ato when the dosing is on
is this correct or is there a better way in programing. I plan to use a stand alone maxi doser and a slave maxi for the ato.

This is the part I would change. Also the below is what I'm going to implement on my system. Doing something different now that I don't like.
I'm going to be removing water out of the skimmer side of my sump and adding water to the pump return side. These operations are going to happen simultaneously. So the idea is that the ATO function will never need to be off. I'm going to be setting mine up to do 200ml at a time 20 times a day. The ATO will still see low water needs and add as required. But I won't see any salinity changes (in theory). This all depends on a good calibration of the pump heads.

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a red sea reefer 170 . i do a 2 liter water change daily and is planning to get a GHL doser 2.1. Can i use the programming of the automatic dosing (upto 150 times ) for the water change. This way the pump will be running for short periods. I thought of getting the maxi doser but decided against as it as i need 3 pumps. my ato need is about 1-2 liters per day.
currently i am using a autoaqua smart awc but those small pumps don't last .( i had to change x6 in 6 months)
For alkalinity,Mg and Ca dosing i use a coral Box wifi doser.
i have searched for GHL doser 2.1 awc /ato set up information but has failed to to find. I have found awc set up for P4 controller but not for the doser 2.1
Thank you for all the suggestions
I currently am running a maxi for my auto water change and I love it. I don’t mess with floats or levels or anything like that. I have a 115 gallon tank and have the AWC do a 1.5 gallon daily change. I have one dosing head pull dirty water from the front of my sump. While the clean water get pushed into the return portion of my sump simultaneously. The single best investment I have made for my tanks stability.
The doser 2.1 isn’t going to stand up to the punishment of the high volume required to do a water change. The doser Maxi is built for that and can do it much faster, mine after calibration on high speed can push 320ml and 315mls a minute. On more than one occasion I’ve done a 20% water change and not done anything more then simply press a button on my phone.
You won’t regret using the maxi

OP
OP
Z

zid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Grundels
I was unable to get a GHL P4 controller in OZ due to the current situation and ended in getting a Apex Neptune. I am using a ecotech versa x 2 to do the AWC. I use a float switch to prevent an accidental over flow of the fresh salt water.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Doser 2.1 and I must say that from my experience the heads would not last very long (a couple of months max) doing 2.000ml per day.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back