GHL Doser 2.1 owners

aeras1131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I love my GHL doser 2.1 SA. I pine for a profilux 4. Let's find out how many of us American Aquarists are working with @Vinny@GHLUSA to build build beautiful reef aquariums one dose/controller adjustment at a time. Things I like about my Doser 2.1 ATO, Accurate dosing down to .1ml after calibration, polished webgui via myghl.com, well put together doser app, wireless control via GHL Control Center.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using mine for a 4 part Triton Labs with magnetic stirs.

Was very easy to set up, slaved to my P4, after he intital calibration it has been set it and forget it.

Things I like about the doser:
Easy calibration and setup
Quiter then my old Apex doser

OP
OP
aeras1131

aeras1131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto I want a p4 badly it is on my bucket list of things to get. I am using my doser 2.1 for ato with an optical sensor overall, I am not happy with the consistency of the auto with one optical sensor. Are you familiar with this at all? @Vinny@GHLUSA Do you have an opinion on this is there something I can do this to make this more effective. Sometimes I feel that I get a error that does not auto clear for the level sensor. I restart my unit and it works properly. My doser 2.1 is set to auto clear any errors that happen.

OP
OP
aeras1131

aeras1131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA this can be frustrating. I have such a nice product, and then I coming out of the return pump when I come home :D When it is working, I love your ATO.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes very familiar with that configuration and I did have one error and that did require a reboot my ATO container was empty (my fault).

I moved away from that configuration once I received my P4, where I went with a two optical sensor configuration and it been 100% flawless, and added one float switch also to my ato container which controls a relay that connected in line to the ATO that allows water to fill the container.

I am big into redundancy can not have to many fail safes.

My configuration will change with the new doser announcement where I will use that for ATO, the other head to empty my skimmer bucket so I will no longer have lug it back to the sink to empty it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aeras1131

aeras1131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ Ditto Interesting, I wonder if I can implement a two sensor ato with my doser 2.1. Product is so good, it feels like you have first world probs super first world probs when you complain about auto top off ;)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one of my currently 11 dosing heads for ATO . My container is in my garage and the pump currently is under my tank looking to move it out to the garage in a week tired of crawling on the floor.:) I watch the water level in my ATO container plan on putting it on a float switch. I used the optical switch but found it to be not a good fit where I placed it. So I used the float switch. I used level probes in my work as a maintenance man in a large food factory. Not all probes work in all places. Some times a optical switch can not like being placed in a turbid water flow. I also removed the delay on switch activation to 0 seconds.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no comments (yet).... as I have not received mine, but I just sprang for Profilux 4 mega kit, 2 Lx7206 fixtures w/flex mounts and a 2.1 doser! I am looking forward to getting this all up and running!!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Swoody it will take a little while to get everything up to where you want it. I have the Mega Mega Mega kit. As I do PLC work for a living. I am always thinking up new ways to make my reefing life easier.:)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Swoody congrats you will not be disappointed.

Let us know what you think of the lights!!

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure will...I am up in the Bering Sea until Dec. 20th....So it will be like an early X-mas present when I get home!! I plan on getting right to work on it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back