GHL Flex Mounts......where do these parts go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone out there please tell me where in the world these parts EXACTLY go on the GHL Flex Mounts?
They come 2 per mount. They don't seem to fit into the open side of the long aluminum back bracket.
And I'm assuming they have nothing to do with the top bracket.

GHL I guess doesn't feel the need to include any instructions whatsoever with these.
Vinny from GHL forwarded my email to Marco who's suppose to get back to me and I have not heard back......and I'm wanting to get these up today/this weekend while I'm off of work and have the time to complete my Reefer setup.

Anybody who lays eyes on this and can pinpoint the use of these......I would very much appreciate your insight.

Thanks........Craig

20180518_170015.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this post @ https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/flex-mount-instructions.312800/#post-3854967

• All hardware is metric
  • You need to drill two holes (guessing 8mm), you need a 6mm allen wrench, you may need washers + spacers
  • On a Red Sea Reefer, the front and glass glass pane overhang the stand, so you need washers or spacers to push the mount away from the stand. Depending on your glass, this could be 1/2" or 5/8"
  • It's pretty self-explanatory from the picture. One end of the tall piece is threaded (that's the top). The little clips go inside the tall piece. If the clip goes one direction it moves upward easier than downward and vice-versa (it seems).

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH Thanks for the Tag, it something I never bought as I have the lightbars so I did not need the light flex.

But if users are having this much of an issue, I can order one and write up some instructions. I know how frustrating it can be when you have no instructions and need to assembled something is. I am hoping some others chime in that have them :)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto found my earlier post, I think I got the OP handled in a conversation.

We should create a user sticky for the mitras. Both for the mounts and fixing the default settings (fan speed, temperature, power balancing)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll take a stab at the sticky article. On something like the AI HD lights, the power balancing is handled in software, but it's manual on the GHL. So getting those settings right in the beginning can save alot of time.

It's important to understand that picking a color temperature in GHL SW and selecting 100% power does not work like it does on the AI. In the case of the GHL, you're probably only getting 1/3 the power output you should be. Lessons I learned the hard way. I'll put something together this week :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
CWR24

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys......thanks for taking the time to give some input.

Marco from GHL actually called me not long after posting to clarify a few things for me.

Not being familiar with this, myself along with others would not think it's ok to go bending the metal to "make it fit" into the slot. My first assumption was that it belonged in there somehow, but wanted to be certain to have it right.

A simple how to list with a couple basic pointers included in the packaging would sure work wonders.

Choll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these but these pictures are thanks to Slief on RC.
Nut on the thumb screw.
upload_2018-5-19_6-38-7.jpeg

Nut going in extrusion. Flat piece on nut gets bent to put in extrusion.
upload_2018-5-19_6-39-51.jpeg

Nut inside extrusion.
upload_2018-5-19_6-42-21.jpeg

Nut in extrusion with bolt and thumb screw inserted.
upload_2018-5-19_6-43-15.jpeg

OP
OP
CWR24

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Choll.......very much appreciate yourself and Slief as well with the detailed photos. Those pics make it perfectly clear now, and I can see that the piece of metal that bends goes under the nut and not pointing away which is what I was about to do.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a little help and I apologize in advance if it is so "rookieish" but I am not that proficient when it comes to programming, set ups etc...I was able to set the Profilux 4 up along with my doser 2.1 and my 7206 lights (much to my surprise) and it has been cooperating and connecting via wifi perfectly until this morning. For some reason upon trying to connect this morning it will not do it via Wifi. can someone please help me through this as I am leaving for Alaska in about 10 days for 2.5 months and really need to be able to monitor and connect. It is so distressing to me how stupid I am when it comes to this but here I am asking for assistance. Thank you in advance! BTW I have obviously turned power off to the profi...4 and rebooted my computer etc... and what distresses me most is that before I went to bed I increased the dosing amount on one of the doser pumps via Wifi and it worked as it should and I went to bed....today no such luck!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back