Ghl p4E

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto I was hoping you would be able to help me set this p4e up. I have it all set up and working fine per the installation and setup video but I can't figure out how to set it up to where I can connect to it when I'm not home. If I shut off my wifi in my phone I cannot connect to the controller at all.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajhudson15 - Not a problem glad to help :)

First Step:
Did you sign up for an account at [URL='https://myghl.com/default']https://myghl.com[/URL]

Second:
Add Device it goign to butt you for your device key

Open up GHL Connect app on your phone
Click on the System Menu option and that where you find the ID.
make sure you set up the mode for MYGHL which is under the security key, enabled, and if you want full read write from myghl or just read.

After you enter in the ID in myghl.com

Go back to the GHL Connect App and you will notice after you set the ID inside the myghl cloud service your GHL connect app is now going to show a security key underneath the myghl ID in the GHL connect app.

Enter that ID into the myghl cloud service.

You should then be all set.

Here a great video how to do it also :)

Ig you run into issues please let me know..

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to add make sure in the GHL app itself you hit the gear in the upper right corner and and add your GHL Login Is and password there also:

90B8C968-9F2D-4E02-BBBD-F5EE13AF3F4A.png

Once you that is also done you will have access to graph information within the app. Once you add your first device future ones should only be click button to add to Myghl.

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to add make sure in the GHL app itself you hit the gear in the upper right corner and and add your GHL Login Is and password there also:

Once you that is also done you will have access to graph information within the app. Once you add your first device future ones should only be click button to add to Myghl.
Awesome worked like a charm. So if I'm away from home and I open the app I have to click on the cloud one and if I'm home I click on the other?

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

O and one other question. I can't figure out how to make sure everything is up to date. I read somewhere to make sure the power bar and controller are running current software and to make sure the wifi software is current

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Disregard the update I think I figured it out. It looks like your can to do it with a USB connection?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your doing the firmware it must be done via USB, but if your doing the Wifi and the HTMl page it is done from the P4 web interface itself.

Firmware Update via the GHL GCC Desktop App:

How to update the Wifi Module through the P4 Web Interface:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/questions/how-do-i-update-the-wifi-module/

Choose the Firmware Bin

How to update the Web Pages for the P4 through the P4 Web Interface:

Choose the index.html.gz

To get the latest wifi and Html page updates it is here:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/

You want the Wifi-Module-Esp- Update Link.

If you want the P4 Firmware itself, that is found in the GCC Desktop App.

The Wifi firmware is not the same as the P4 Firmware :)

Hope this answers the questions :)

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your doing the firmware it must be done via USB, but if your doing the Wifi and the HTMl page it is done from the P4 web interface itself.

Firmware Update via the GHL GCC Desktop App:

How to update the Wifi Module through the P4 Web Interface:

Choose the Firmware Bin

How to update the Web Pages for the P4 through the P4 Web Interface:

Choose the index.html.gz

To get the latest wifi and Html page updates it is here:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/

You want the Wifi-Module-Esp- Update Link.

If you want the P4 Firmware itself, that is found in the GCC Desktop App.

The Wifi firmware is not the same as the P4 Firmware :)

Hope this answers the questions :)

I need your master skills again. I did the wifi firmware update and then tried making sure the pab 6 was up to date. The update stalled and now I don't have any lights on my pab showing up except for the red one back by the power switch. I've deleted it and tried reconfiguring and I even went into GCC to find it and add but nothing is there

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.

Did you reboot the powerbar and the P4 after it stalled?

If you did and it did not come back get a ticket started so they also know your having a issue.

Usually after a reboot of the devices they come back because it did not commit the change.

I am going to tag GHL also :) @Vinny@GHLUSA

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.

Did you reboot the powerbar and the P4 after it stalled?

If you did and it did not come back get a ticket started so they also know your having a issue.

Usually after a reboot of the devices they come back because it did not commit the change.

I am going to tag GHL also :) @Vinny@GHLUSA
Yes I've rebooted both. I still have power to it because the on off switch lights up just nothing else.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajhudson15 - I downloaded the latest Version of GCC to see if the new Powerbars had a firmware update and none existed.

@Vinny@GHLUSA is aware and is waiting to hear back so that he can provide the hw file for the powerbar.

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajhudson15 - I downloaded the latest Version of GCC to see if the new Powerbars had a firmware update and none existed.

@Vinny@GHLUSA is aware and is waiting to hear back so that he can provide the hw file for the powerbar.
Awesome thank you. I saw a firmware fine for the power bar that was a few years old but I couldn't find anything that said what mine was on so I went ahead and tried to apply it. So maybe that's what happened

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do u think I should reset it and try to reinstall the software that came in it instead of the newest one. For the p4 anyway

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The firmware not on gcc desktop software, you need the actual base code and not the upgrade code :(

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The firmware not on gcc desktop software, you need the actual base code and not the upgrade code :(
Gotcha. Hopefully this is an easy fix and somewhat soon so I can get back to set up since I can't use the power bar right now

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason for the issue was because the wrong firmware file was loaded onto the powerbar.

There is a firmware file for the Powerbar "6D" which is an OLDER product and NOT the same as the Powerbar 6E.

Loading a 6D firmware onto a 6E powerbar will surely cause it to become unresponsive as it now has the firmware of a completely different product.

Fortunately, the powerbar can be recovered and brought back to life without having to send it in for repair. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto @Vinny@GHLUSA
I'm not sure wears going on now. Now I can't get it to connect to my wifi anymore. I've uploaded a screenshot of it connected to my laptop. I've checked the wifi name and password and everything is right. I tried to do it in the as possible but since I uploaded the wifi firmware I don't get the ghldev wifi anymore to connect to I only get the esp. I tried setting it up line new but can't get it to work. Dire need of help

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back