GHL Product delays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm losing faith. I ordered a light bar on March 17th. It's supposed to be a three week special order as per their website. 3 Months later no lightbar, no shipping date.
I have to initiate every month as to what's going on. Then I get a lame answer. At this moment it's stuck with the shipper and waiting for a response from them.

Now on to the IOND fiasco. Two years waiting. Supposed to be shipped by the end of last month. Has anyone gotten a shipping notice yet?????

So far we've gotten no real communication from them, just speculation. Who's tired of this???

If you are then tag @Vinny@GHLUSA .

Let's force some response from them.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked a local dealer if they had preordered the ion director with a spare unit and they had, but no Idea when they would get them, they have asked a few times but no response.
I emailed ghl direct and got a response back that it will take several months to build the units for the preorders And catch up.
i Just ordered mastertronic it’s coming today.

goggs29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It sounds like an excuse but supply chain for usa based companies is currently so far behind. I work for one of the big 3 delivery companies and there is such a lack of drivers my center has about 20 53 foot trailers that aren't unloaded for days. That delays vendors who ship parts needed to ghl and so on. If you have noticed how many help wanted signs are out there, it is even worse in manufacturing jobs. We have been trying to hire class a drivers at 31.00 an hour and nobody applies. So with a US based company it is definitely taking a long time to get the items needed to get our stuff made. Just my first insight on what I see and hear every day in the supply chain world.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IonD is kind of a separate issue. I have one on preorder and they shipped from Germany on time. But that means a few weeks before they are in the hands of NA customers.

on the Lightbars, I definitely agree that supply chains are still backed up everywhere. Having said that, the logistics management from the US distributors is really under-developed (it may be the same from Germany but don't deal directly with them so dunno). That shows most clearly in the lack of communication with customers around delays. It was long a frustration of mine.

They certainly seem to have a hard time getting shipments from Germany across to the States, through customs, and split out and on to retailers. They should be investing in a better system / broker.

Having said all of that, the products themselve are top notch and they are worth the weight. I have a few lightbars on a couple of tanks. Some of them took way too long to get but I am really happy with all of them. No regrets on my end.

One piece of advice, take this time to make sure you have ordered all the necessary bits... adapters, cables, etc... Nothing worse than finally getting something after a long delay only to find you have to wait even more time for some other component.

Cheers, Tony

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I learned during this pandemic, if the store doesnt have it in stock, then just forget about it. International shipping is totally jammed and stores are just not able to re-stock (I still can't get my hands on a PS5, its impossible). Good luck to you, but I suggest to everyone to only place the order if the product is in stock in their store, otherwise you are on back-order until the end of time.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. It's frustrating. And it's not reassuring to know that something like this can bring the world almost to its knees. Just imagine if something really catastrophic took place. It would most likely induce social breakdown.
Amazon can still get things delivered in a timely manner........ A lot doesn't make sense here. A lot hasn't made sense.
Then I'm sure there's people using all this as an excuse to be sorry.
It's frustrating having about 1k of my money out there with nothing to show for it.
I work hard for my money. I'm not comfortable with the possibility I'll lose it.
I'll never pre order anything again. But people will continue to do so. They haven't learned from past fiascos...........
I'm sure hope it's worth the wait.
Now they introduced the new maxi doser. How are they going to ship and manufacture that with such a backlog on the IOND????

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wouldnt be so bad if company contacted there customers and kept them updated

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be general consensus through many threads on here. GHL has horrible communication problems.
So.............why aren't they listening????
The old adage. Build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I learned during this pandemic, if the store doesnt have it in stock, then just forget about it. International shipping is totally jammed and stores are just not able to re-stock (I still can't get my hands on a PS5, its impossible). Good luck to you, but I suggest to everyone to only place the order if the product is in stock in their store, otherwise you are on back-order until the end of time.
FYI the reason you can’t get a ps5 is because all of them go to folks in the resale market. Bots are cleaning then out and bypassing any weak queue system that vendors might have

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's frustrating having about 1k of my money out there with nothing to show for it.
From the first beginning - GHL state that if you did not want to wait - just cancel the order and you get a repay - I´m sure it is a still valid option.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all just frustration. I sent something else off for replacement under warranty over a month ago. Haven't heard back about that yet either.
I just don't get people. I run my own business. I do boat repair. People have no patience when their boat is down. It's like the end of the world. Yet they will wait forever on something like the IOND.
God forbid a part gets back ordered and I don't communicate with them on what's going on.

GHL promised something they couldn't deliver on and took people's money for it.
Silence isn't the cure for that.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Accountability is something that is disappearing in the world.
Promise something and when you can't deliver on it blame someone or something else is commonplace now.

There's only one real thing each one of us has in life, and that's you're word. If your word isn't any good then you have nothing.

Call me old fashioned, whatever. I call it integrity.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the only thing was that there was a pandemic hitting Europe with more than 1, 000 000 deaths and serve restriction both according people and transport. Many long way transports was redirected to the some other countries instead of Europe. We get short in many electronics devices, mostly microchips. Large automobile companies like Volvo in Gothenburg have to temporary shout down the production lines for a week because of acute microchips shortage.

Do you think that a rather small company like GHL not will be affected of this?

If you do not have notice it - it had - the last 2 - 3 years been a trade war between Europe and a certain country under some parolls. This is still the situation with a lot of paperworks in every export/import.

As an example the ION directory is already out in EU - there is no customs inside EU.
(from another thread)
IOND is already out.
The first expeditions began on May 31.
We can also see the first questions from customers in their German forum.

Other examples - our vaccine industry could/can not work on 100 % because some important supplies was/are under export restrictions from other parts of the world.

When all this happen - I got a chance to cancel my order and get my money back. I did not use that opportunity - it is was my choice - I have managed both my home aquarium and the aquarium at my job without a Ion director - I decide to wait and get it when it is delivered.

People have no patience when their boat is down. It's like the end of the world. Yet they will wait forever on something like the IOND.
Maybe it is different type of people

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the only thing was that there was a pandemic hitting Europe with more than 1, 000 000 deaths and serve restriction both according people and transport. Many long way transports was redirected to the some other countries instead of Europe. We get short in many electronics devices, mostly microchips. Large automobile companies like Volvo in Gothenburg have to temporary shout down the production lines for a week because of acute microchips shortage.

Do you think that a rather small company like GHL not will be affected of this?

If you do not have notice it - it had - the last 2 - 3 years been a trade war between Europe and a certain country under some parolls. This is still the situation with a lot of paperworks in every export/import.

As an example the ION directory is already out in EU - there is no customs inside EU.
(from another thread)

Other examples - our vaccine industry could/can not work on 100 % because some important supplies was/are under export restrictions from other parts of the world.

When all this happen - I got a chance to cancel my order and get my money back. I did not use that opportunity - it is was my choice - I have managed both my home aquarium and the aquarium at my job without a Ion director - I decide to wait and get it when it is delivered.

Maybe it is different type of people

Sincerely Lasse
The IonD is kind of a separate issue. I have one on preorder and they shipped from Germany on time. But that means a few weeks before they are in the hands of NA customers.

on the Lightbars, I definitely agree that supply chains are still backed up everywhere. Having said that, the logistics management from the US distributors is really under-developed (it may be the same from Germany but don't deal directly with them so dunno). That shows most clearly in the lack of communication with customers around delays. It was long a frustration of mine.

They certainly seem to have a hard time getting shipments from Germany across to the States, through customs, and split out and on to retailers. They should be investing in a better system / broker.

Having said all of that, the products themselve are top notch and they are worth the weight. I have a few lightbars on a couple of tanks. Some of them took way too long to get but I am really happy with all of them. No regrets on my end.

One piece of advice, take this time to make sure you have ordered all the necessary bits... adapters, cables, etc... Nothing worse than finally getting something after a long delay only to find you have to wait even more time for some other component.

Cheers, Tony
I'm quite sure you remember the post when he was buying the light bars. You were a very big part of that post. There was no pandemic then.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought we was discussing the your delay for the moment and the delay of the ion director. The delay @Tristren was out for may he could explain - bus as I remember it was still a trade war around 2018 taking place.

As an EU citizen - I have never been out for huge delays from GHL or retailers of GHL before the Pandemic. The P4 was some months delayed but I was informed about it.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought we was discussing the your delay for the moment and the delay of the ion director. The delay @Tristren was out for may he could explain - bus as I remember it was still a trade war around 2018 taking place.

Sincerely Lasse
I wouldn't be having an issue just waiting for the IOND. I sort of expected that and prepared for it.
Three months waiting for a light bar is ridiculous. He was frustrated waiting for his also.
It states on the website. Special order. 3-4 Weeks for delivery. This is wrong info and has been wrong info.
After a month and a half waiting for the light bar I emailed to see what was up. Vinny answered and said there were material issues. I emailed a few weeks later. He said it was in transit, should be next week. I said great news, thanks. Please keep me posted with progress. He didn't. I had to email again to find out it's stuck in shipping. Sorry..............This isn't customer service.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be having an issue just waiting for the IOND. I sort of expected that and prepared for it.
Three months waiting for a light bar is ridiculous. He was frustrated waiting for his also.
It states on the website. Special order. 3-4 Weeks for delivery. This is wrong info and has been wrong info.
After a month and a half waiting for the light bar I emailed to see what was up. Vinny answered and said there were material issues. I emailed a few weeks later. He said it was in transit, should be next week. I said great news, thanks. Please keep me posted with progress. He didn't. I had to email again to find out it's stuck in shipping. Sorry..............This isn't customer service.
I think it's hard for one person, Vinny, to take care of everything. Unfortunately I believe there just isn't a market big enough for aquariums controllers, to justify anything more than 1 person in the US. And that person is in charge of everything that happens on this side of the world, not an easy job, and to be honest we haven't given them a break for 2 years now. I understand we all got thousands of $ in it, but after the first 2 delays I knew that I would see the IOND when I see it, 0 expectations, the only thing I can blame them for is the kickstarter style, that should have been clear, but that's about it.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many legitimate supply chain issues out there which frustrate all of us. There are, IMO, no legitimate excuses for lack of communication.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back