GHL Profilux Mini can't connect to wifi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to switch to GHL from Neptune because I was frustrated with Neptune Apex connectivity issues (which has been rock solid sense the GHL boxes showed up, go figure). Now I have spent multiple hours trying to get the Profilux mini to connect to my wifi network and no dice. I have Verizon Fios as ISP and an Asus Zen Wifi AX system. I stopped trying to connect to the Asus system given others issues with mesh networks and ghl devices. I have spent a good portion of this afternoon trying to get the mini to connect to my 2.4ghz band on my Fios network. I disabled the 5ghz band and have a repeater five feet from the controller. When I walk thru the steps in the app, I can get to the part where I enter my home network info, but can never get to the point where I can see the unit's hot spot. I don't have a pC so I can't connect via USB. Beyond frustrated. I don't want to have to buy a PC to connect to this device and I would prefer not setting up a third network just to run two fish tanks. I'm on the verge of sending the controllers back and selling the vortech controller that I bought from GHL without seeing that you can't send stuff back once shipped. Help please. BTW, I'm a networking novice. Thanks for any help.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshots of your network settings would be a great starting point.

If the green led is on, the Mini is connected to your network. Depending on what path you took during Wi-Fi setup (auto or static), you'll need to create a new connection in the app using the IP address that either YOU or your network assigned to the Mini.

The KB has an article with additional troubleshooting steps that may help you address the issue.
Troubleshooting: ProfiLux 4 / 4e / Mini / Light – GHL (International) (aquariumcomputer.com)

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshots of your network settings would be a great starting point.

If the green led is on, the Mini is connected to your network. Depending on what path you took during Wi-Fi setup (auto or static), you'll need to create a new connection in the app using the IP address that either YOU or your network assigned to the Mini.

The KB has an article with additional troubleshooting steps that may help you address the issue.
Troubleshooting: ProfiLux 4 / 4e / Mini / Light – GHL (International) (aquariumcomputer.com)
Thanks Vinny. Been trying to get the mini's "GHLDev..." hot spot back and haven't had any luck. Just getting that signal was also a problem over the last couple of days. I've done a factory setting reset and unplugged multiple times to try to clear the memory. As soon as I get that hot spot I'll start taking screen shots and post. I have not been able to get a green light on the mini and I have been through the troubleshooting guide multiple times.

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Vinny. Been trying to get the mini's "GHLDev..." hot spot back and haven't had any luck. Just getting that signal was also a problem over the last couple of days. I've done a factory setting reset and unplugged multiple times to try to clear the memory. As soon as I get that hot spot I'll start taking screen shots and post. I have not been able to get a green light on the mini and I have been through the troubleshooting guide multiple times.
still can't get the hot spot back after multiply power cycles. unplugging for a few hours... is it possible something is wrong with this unit?

Rollins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mac, don’t give up yet. Its a pain to setup, frustrating, but a lot of good people here willing to help. I just got thru it. Hang in there

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mac, don’t give up yet. Its a pain to setup, frustrating, but a lot of good people here willing to help. I just got thru it. Hang in there

THANKS. Will keep at it. Just seems like this should be easier

Rollins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to add, I thought my p4 was defective also. I somehow got it connected to my mesh WiF, but had zero access to it. my hotspot worked intermittently. Constant error / can not connect. Went from tablet to pc to reset.....on and on. But honestly the $60 net gear router was the answer at least for me. I spent like $2k on p4, kH director, 2.1 Dose,, So hell what’s another $60!

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to add, I thought my p4 was defective also. I somehow got it connected to my mesh WiF, but had zero access to it. my hotspot worked intermittently. Constant error / can not connect. Went from tablet to pc to reset.....on and on. But honestly the $60 net gear router was the answer at least for me. I spent like $2k on p4, kH director, 2.1 Dose,, So hell what’s another $60!
That's the problem with this hobby, Iol. I read your thread and will re-read when I'm in a better mindset. Are you using the new router to extend your existing network or did you set up a separate network for P4 to connect to?

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
separate 2.4 network, only the p4 is using the new router
Thanks. Getting a TP Link network extender and will try setting up a separate network. Once set up will update thread.

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Getting a TP Link network extender and will try setting up a separate network. Once set up will update thread.
Ok. Got a separate network set up. Connected to the GHDEv hot spot and this is where I am stuck now... 68780E26-58A3-4D98-9749-C3FDB51C032B.png B7EA1D71-3061-4C0F-A138-E060E2EBB6A4.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Got a separate network set up. Connected to the GHDEv hot spot and this is where I am stuck now... 68780E26-58A3-4D98-9749-C3FDB51C032B.png B7EA1D71-3061-4C0F-A138-E060E2EBB6A4.png
No hotspot with that name. No green light on the mini. Reef is the 2.4ghz network I'm trying to connect to.

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured it out. Thanks for the encouragement Rollins.

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do? I’m having the same issue Coralbox moon V3 light...
So when I saw that the mini was in fact connected to my network I stopped trying to look for the new hot spot and went back into GHL connect and tried to configure as an existing devise (or whatever the other choice was other than new device). Them I literally flipped between Rollins thread, Tiger’s thread and Lasse’s recent thread discussing mesh issues and just tried to get the settings to match what they had posted. Horrible way to go but I got impatient waiting for help. No way I misread the instructions/guides. This set up process is horrible as I didn’t receive any of the prompts the app or set up guide said to look for. They really need to improve that process.
Now I’m trying to figure out how to calibrate the pH probe and am seeing nothing in the controller menu that resembles a calibration function. I hope the P4 I have in a box is easier than this.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Now I’m trying to figure out how to calibrate the pH probe and am seeing nothing in the controller menu that resembles a calibration function...
Sensor Settings < pH-value 1 < Calibration

Through the buttons on the controller. Calibration can currently only be done through the controller itself, same with the P4.

OP
OP
M

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sensor Settings < pH-value 1 < Calibration

Through the buttons on the controller. Calibration can currently only be done through the controller itself, same with the P4.
Thanks. Figured it out earlier. Finally got it running and had a couple of drinks to celebrate.

MotoJJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I saw that the mini was in fact connected to my network I stopped trying to look for the new hot spot and went back into GHL connect and tried to configure as an existing devise (or whatever the other choice was other than new device). Them I literally flipped between Rollins thread, Tiger’s thread and Lasse’s recent thread discussing mesh issues and just tried to get the settings to match what they had posted. Horrible way to go but I got impatient waiting for help. No way I misread the instructions/guides. This set up process is horrible as I didn’t receive any of the prompts the app or set up guide said to look for. They really need to improve that process.
Now I’m trying to figure out how to calibrate the pH probe and am seeing nothing in the controller menu that resembles a calibration function. I hope the P4 I have in a box is easier than this.
Man, I am feeling your pian on this as I have been having a lot of the same issues. have been trying to get it connected through my Eero mesh, tried to kill that and connect to my existing 2.4Ghz router, and, at this point, will try to buy a basic 2.4 GHz only router. At this point, I am ready to throw the GHL in the trash and go get a Neptune. Better support, better device integration, maybe harder to use interface, but, at this point there is no interface with the GHL! Glad you made it through it, would appreciate knowing if the squeeze in set up is worth the juice in actual use?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.0%
Back