GHL Profilux Temperature Control 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Vinny,

Currently I'm sketching up a new build utilizing GHL and wanted to know if any additional information can be released about the size of this new product? I don't see any more information online than the buzz page...

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/ghl-cooling-technology/profilux-temperature-control2/

Very excited to make the move to GHL from Apex!

@Vinny@GHLUSA @Matthias Gross
@Marco@GHLUSA

upload_2019-1-12_13-33-36.png

Last edited:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only information we can release at this time is what is currently on the PTC2 product page.
As we get closer to finalizing the product, more specific info will be released.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting and not surprised to see something different from GHL. Only for smaller aquariums based on that page though?

Nice sketching skills OP! I'm liking the sensor holders idea.

OP
OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only information we can release at this time is what is currently on the PTC2 product page.
As we get closer to finalizing the product, more specific info will be released.
Thanks for the confirmation and the compliment! Has a firm launch date been determined as of yet?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MaddyP - I just looked at the website and it says Q2.

061BF973-024D-4F31-BDF8-0A759D30009F.png

Will for sure be buying one to go along with my breeze :)

Randy Treadway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting and not surprised to see something different from GHL. Only for smaller aquariums based on that page though?

I thought the info said they can be daisy-chained. Am I wrong? BUT there is a max temperature adjustment of something like 5 degrees F compared to ambient room temperature.
The best vision is using it TOGETHER with a traditional heater and/or cooler, to greatly reduce the electric bill.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the info said they can be daisy-chained. Am I wrong? BUT there is a max temperature adjustment of something like 5 degrees F compared to ambient room temperature.
The best vision is using it TOGETHER with a traditional heater and/or cooler, to greatly reduce the electric bill.

No you could daisy chain them together.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Op and @Ditto , I am also setting up a new system and really like the probe holder idea. I am wondering if flow or turbulence will effect the readings of the probes?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy

No turbulence once it full it works really well. You do not need to pass a fast flow through it either. It works great!!

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No word yet as to when this will be available. I am rather excited to give this method a try on my 12G build...
I found info on dimensions and pricing on the first gen PTC... but thats just hypothetical at this point

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its Q1 2020. Q4 2019 has fully come and gone. Is there any update on this product being released?

Are there any alternatives like it? I bought a CX-1 for my nano which worked decently. But that was for 30 gallons. I'm looking for a large peltier.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IOD took focus over pretty much everything else that was in the pipeline. There are a few things that should be going back on track once it finally ships.

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I understand you may not be able to give an update on when the heater/cooler will be available but can you reassure me this thing is still coming to market eventually, I've been waiting and really want to control my tank temp with the ptc two. Hopefully this year :cool:?

Back