GHL SA 2.1 Doser Alert / APEX

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @SuncrestReef

Hope everything is OK. I have a question for you if you don't mind. I have a APEX Classic Controller and recently changed my Doser for the GHL.

Unfortunaly the Doser doesn't have notifications (beeps) once it starts dosing like the other one i had (Kore 5th.) The GHl Doser is plugged in the Energy Outlet #8.

I think this is critical as that way i know if it fails on the dose schedule. GHL support told me that there will be a new firmware version in the future but it is uncertain.

Is there a way the APEX can notify me when it activates the Doser?

Thanks in advance...

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The GHL doser has a visual que instead of an audible. The units logo on the top will turn green during dosing.

As often as my dosers operate a beep would drive me crazy. As is they are behind closed cabinets and I can’t see the LED lights changing color.

OP
OP
W

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @AZMSGT for the feedback.

Yes you are correct and i am aware of the Led colors but for me it is not functional too much as i have it inside the cabinet and the tank lights will dismiss the notification.

To be honest, it is a simple one time beep notification when it starts. I have the schedule for each 1/2 hour and it doesn't bother me at all as it is not a long term beep during the dose length. I had it on the Kore 5th and each time i was around the tank and it beeped i opened the cabinet door to see how the fluid was being dispensed.

Great saver to me because when i didn't see the flow as always it was because the line was getting clogged of Alk, Calc or Kalk.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are two options:

1. Enable the Log option on the doser’s output. The Apex will then create a log entry each time the output is turned On and Off. You can review the Output Log any time at your convenience.

2. Create an alarm condition so you receive a notification each time it turns On and Off:

[EmailAlm]
Set OFF
If Output Doser = ON Then ON

(substitute the name of your output)

The drawback to this method is that The Apex can only report on a single alarm condition at a time, so while the doser is On that will block the Apex from sending you any real alarm notifications, such as temperature or leak warnings.

See my tutorial on Apex Alarms for more details: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-6-alarms.707/

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back