GHL Set Up Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whooohoo great!!
Wanted to thank you for your help! Actually saw your thread about switching from Apex to profilux. That what prompted me to buy the profilux. The software isn't that bad, it's the little things they leave out in their manuals that will leave you scratching your head.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scdell - thank you, was it just setting them them all to slaa and assigning the channels on the Mitras to match the P4? Only reason I am asking is I use the lightbars and not the Mitras :)

I do agree the little steps can be frustrating!!

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scdell - thank you, was it just setting them them all to slaa and assigning the channels on the Mitras to match the P4? Only reason I am asking is I use the lightbars and not the Mitras :)

I do agree the little steps can be frustrating!!
For some reason they seem to concentrate on lightbars not the mitras. Behind in times I guess. I had to address each mitras as #2 and # 3 p4 is #1. Basically I stumbled upon that in a forum. Never a mention about that in any manual. I'll tell you one thing tho. The mitras are the deal! Can't even describe how much I love them. Don't know about their lightbars.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my lightbars v2 and the light composer is the best tool I have seen on settting the lights the exact way you want them!!

Glad you like your mitras!!

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my lightbars v2 and the light composer is the best tool I have seen on settting the lights the exact way you want them!!

Glad you like your mitras!!
Actually over looked the lightbars when I went to buy. I bet they are as good as the mitras. Ghl makes good stuff!!!! It was a challenge programming the profilux. Programming is nothing more than figuring out what is in the head of the person that wrote it. On a separate note, don't think I have my vortech controller right. How many times did it take you to get it right? Personally hate the vortech programming!!!!! It's staying on one setting on the vortech controller.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually over looked the lightbars when I went to buy. I bet they are as good as the mitras. Ghl makes good stuff!!!! It was a challenge programming the profilux. Programming is nothing more than figuring out what is in the head of the person that wrote it. On a separate note, don't think I have my vortech controller right. How many times did it take you to get it right? Personally hate the vortech programming!!!!! It's staying on one setting on the vortech controller.

If it staying only with one setting is not fully paired. Had this issue a few times, but linked it to pairing.

It took me a few time to get them to fully sync and run right. The Mp60 seemed the hardest to get paired.

First delete them all from the ghl vortech controller, then do a full reset on each of the Vortech powerheads.

Once you have them all reset, power down all the vortech powerheads and power up the first one you want to pair and go ahead and pair it. Once that one pairs power up the second one and begin to pair that one, leave the first one on. Keep doing this which each one when your done save your settings on the P4.

For some reason if they are all powered up when you pair the vortech powerheads they get confused.

Once I had them fully paired they saw all the programs without any issues unless I turned them below 15% power.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it staying only with one setting is not fully paired. Had this issue a few times, but linked it to pairing.

It took me a few time to get them to fully sync and run right. The Mp60 seemed the hardest to get paired.

First delete them all from the ghl vortech controller, then do a full reset on each of the Vortech powerheads.

Once you have them all reset, power down all the vortech powerheads and power up the first one you want to pair and go ahead and pair it. Once that one pairs power up the second one and begin to pair that one, leave the first one on. Keep doing this which each one when your done save your settings on the P4.

For some reason if they are all powered up when you pair the vortech powerheads they get confused.

Once I had them fully paired they saw all the programs without any issues unless I turned them below 15% power.

Thanks! I'll do that. Btw I copied your vortech programming. I liked it!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back