Ghl vortech controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that about every month or so my controller loses connection with the vortex controllers?????? Big pain to reset them. How come?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scdell - I had this happening on my 6 foot tank and I fixed it by moving the Vortech controller closer (stuck them all right next to each other) to the GHL Vortech controller.

May not be the same issue, but it did stop after that. I was loosing specifically the Mp60 on the far side of the tank.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines. I have a 4 foot tank and have one on each end. If it keeps up I'll try that.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well three times in the last 24 hours I had to reset the vortech to the controller. I tried to move the vortech controllers next to the p4 controller. Not enough cord. This whole setup was working fine for months. Now it's a problem.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wireless interference could be the issue here.
What is the actual distance between the Vortech driver and GHL Vortech controller?

I would also consider the RF modules in the Vortech...maybe something going on there.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wireless interference could be the issue here.
What is the actual distance between the Vortech driver and GHL Vortech controller?
One is right next to it. The other is mounted on the other side of the tank. I moved the far one a little closer as I don't have enough cord on the mp40 to get it close to the ghl controller. I have it at the back of the tank and it has not lost connection since I've done that. Did that about 24 hours ago.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back