GHL What would you start with?

Lightspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i know everyone seems to be Apex fans owing by the overwhelming posts regarding the brand.

I am going a different direction and heading into GHL, but as i am new to the world of controllers would like some feedback from GHL users on your thoughts on the best staring point as i don't have a lotto win sitting in my bank account. Also my lights are not controllable but my purchase is with a view to the future, i only need to dose small amounts of Cal, Mag and Alk at the moment.

So here's my list of options. In your experience, What would you start with?

GHL Slave doser and KH director with Stand alone doser.

GHL Stand alone doser only.

Pre order the ION and Slave doser.

Profilux 4 and Slave doser.

Profilux 4, KH director and Slave doser.

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do a stand alone 4 head and dose what you listed above, that gets you in the eco system, lets you check out myghl and see if its right for you. if you like the unit and want to invest more you can. if you dont like it.... they sell real quick on the forsale forums.

i have had both ghl and apex, i run ghl now and like it. i dont own a profilux but i do own 2 maxi's 1 kh director and 1 sa doser. the interface can be quirky at times but it has never wigged out on me and done something it wasnt supposed to do.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be patient on the ION Director. They are struggling with COVID and patent delays. They are hoping for 1Q21 at this point. I was hoping to jump on the GHL train but it never made it to the station in time.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a GHL owner but if money is tight I agree that the stand alone doser is the best way to get your feet wet. My only problem with that is the issue of dosing ALK and keeping up with routine testing. You will probably get a better experience if you at least have a Kh Director to test the water a few times per day.
Ca and Mg can be tested weekly by hand without an issue.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in your position a month ago. I went with the P4 and KH Director package after 6 months of reading about both systems. Everyone says KH is most important so I decided that I would start there and then Hanna check randomly or if the machine shows abnormalities. I also intend to get the Ion Director after it comes out

OP
OP
L

Lightspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for you respones all, appreciate the balanced constructive feedback.

Ordered myself a KHdirector and Master 2.1, too impatient for black friday, $1400 aussie shells and not far off some 4 yr old gear that just went on ebay auction for silly prices, infact a 4 yr old master doser for $40 under brand new, i feel sorry for the bidder who did not research his prices.
Will wait for feedback from users on the ION next year as advised:cool:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for you respones all, appreciate the balanced constructive feedback.

Ordered myself a KHdirector and Master 2.1, too impatient for black friday, $1400 aussie shells and not far off some 4 yr old gear that just went on ebay auction for silly prices, infact a 4 yr old master doser for $40 under brand new, i feel sorry for the bidder who did not research his prices.
Will wait for feedback from users on the ION next year as advised:cool:
Yep, that is the direction I would have gone in also.
Bring your Champaign bottle and Pitch Fork with you in February. One or the other will be needed when we get the iON Director news. :p

Back