Ghl

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both different manner of testing.

One is titration with a ph probe(Khd). The other uses a selective ion probe to do tests(ion)

The trident uses just titration. This is the only Method to test alkalinity automatically.

The selective ion probe adds no3 because of its test method. The trident can not do this.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is the ghl ion directer and the kh directer not combined into one unit like the Neptune trident ghl needs to stop being money hungry and design a all in one unit

You know how these both work right? You know which one came out 2 years ago and which one isn’t even out yet? You know they use different sensors to test? You know the ION provides results of 5 different items? You know the KH Director only tests for Alk?

Last edited:

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't think it was about the money. The Kh Director was probably ready way before the other technology was ready, so they released it to keep up with other companies releasing a Alk control monitor. Though I use and like Neptune Apex equipment, I also think GHL has some great equipment. You have to remember that the Ion Director will test more parameters than my Trident does.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is the ghl ion directer and the kh directer not combined into one unit like the Neptune trident ghl needs to stop being money hungry and design a all in one unit

I would much rather have individual units that specialize in one certain aspect of reef keeping. Also, if something goes wrong with my KH Director, I'd rather only have one product not work temporarily vs. having more than one aspect of testing and control be affected.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had to pick one, and upgrade later. I would vote the khd.

Alkalinity is by far the most appropriate to test often. And with a Low demand system use the unused doser head for something like allforreef. Large demand system use a carx. Neither of which can the trident do out of the box.

Back