OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fluval evo 13.5 tank 11 months in. Survived bryopsis with fluconozol 2 week treatment with minimal issues. No dosing, weekly 5g water changes religiously with Red Sea reef pro salt sometimes bi weekly if the time is there. I’ve stuck to only nano fish 1-2” max with the exception of my clowns which will
Go to my FOWLR tank when/if they get too big but I certainly have a decent amount of nano fish with no issue.

I mostly have LPS and sofies with the exception of 3 SPS frags which I’ve had no issue using an AI Prime besides the fact I am very good at breaking them when I stick my hand in to place corals haha…

Minimal upgrades other than in tank media basket, power head and sicce 1.0 return pump.
Thats really nice! I have similar things to that also!

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GHOSTLY I like the low rockscape that you have I kind of wish I had done differently like that so more corals can go in! Tank looks great!
originally it was different but i changed it out and now i love it! I will change the tank into SPS Only Very soon with no sound

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have new lighting and flow for the sps dominated (sorry if I just missed that in the build)?
I know the stock is fine for most corals, but when you get to most sps, especially acros, it isn’t really sufficient, at least for optimal growth.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have new lighting and flow for the sps dominated (sorry if I just missed that in the build)?
I know the stock is fine for most corals, but when you get to most sps, especially acros, it isn’t really sufficient, at least for optimal growth.
In fact I do! 200gph pump, 400gph powerhead, carbon/macroalgae reactor, and a radion XR30 Pro

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing but the best for my soon to be sps tank. Once I get an ato I will get more sps

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sold these zoas but I got 130 bucks of store credit for them so its a good deal imo

Attachments

• 20211127_151851.jpg
    20211127_151851.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 47

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it but a mandarin in a 13.5 is cruel

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new build. Removing the bottom of my stand and ill be adding a HUGE algae reactor. I want to reactor size to be at least 5g and ill be adding an ato
sweet, can't wait to see the final. Is this for your Fluval Evo?
I did a DIY algae scrubber in my Evo in C2.
algae scrubber.jpg
seem to be working, my No3 and Phos are really low, reading 0's. Of course i am only use the API tester for No3 and Phos so that could be questionable. I don't have algae and clean my glass maybe twice a week so it must be working

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet, can't wait to see the final. Is this for your Fluval Evo?
I did a DIY algae scrubber in my Evo in C2.
algae scrubber.jpg
seem to be working, my No3 and Phos are really low, reading 0's. Of course i am only use the API tester for No3 and Phos so that could be questionable. I don't have algae and clean my glass maybe twice a week so it must be
It is! Question. What and how did you make an algae scrybber

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is! Question. What and how did you make an algae scrybber
Here's a couple of ideas.
Here's a thread from R2R: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-updraft-algae-scrubber-for-fluval-evo-13-5.811962/

Back