Ghosts of Reefs Past

  • Thread starter Thread starter btkrausen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
4,835
Reaction score
103
Location
Bardstown, KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post up pics of your old tanks and what that setup taught you that you improved upon moving to the next setup.

I'll start:

First tank: 55 gal setup. Quickly learned that I wanted more room. No pic of that setup.

Second tank: 76 gal Half Circle - LOVED this tank....hard to take pics on a circular tank. Learned to love MH lights. First Kalk reactor

DSC_0014.jpg



Third tank: 40B setup. Love the 40B dimensions..Learned that using a controller made my life 100% easier. No pic

Fourth Tank: 60 gal - 4x2x1 - Loved the shallow and rimless look. Learned I'd need a cover for my new love of wrasses

DSC_2569.jpg



Current Tank: 220 Fish-Only...Tired of reefing for a bit...wanted to get fish I normally couldn't keep in a reef.
 
Gorgeous clarkii!
 
Love your old 76 too, same tank I am currently running. You are right about pics being difficult, but the 1/2 circle really is beautiful with the right aquascaping and fish.
 
Thanks. That Clarkii was huge

I loved that 76 half circle. Had to use the taller but skinnier MagFloat to keep it clean. I mounted a 2 x 150w MH fixture AND a 1 x 250w MH fixture on that sucker, haha.
 
This was my 2nd tank a 30g long about a yr ago before I took it down to move.

P1010101.jpg


IMG_7051.jpg


and this was my first one a 29g bowfront that I had for about 2 yrs before moving to the 30g.

P8040071.jpg
 
Back side of my 1st 125. Yellow stickies are where I was templating for my closed loop on 125 2.0.

100_0499.jpg
 
Last edited:

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new