Giant turbo snail

EsMilos

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2022
Messages
40
Reaction score
10
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 giant turbo snail in a 135 gallon aquarium but need to medicate the tank with copper, will the snail eat my coral in a 20 gallon reef tank ?
 
Nothey wont eat coral. however they may run out of food which youll have to supplement. maybe add some marine pure or similar and dose bacteria to handle the extra bioload.
 
I know but dont have the choice
its a new tank and the sand is sillica so it won’t absorb anything
there is only 50 pound of live rock and I will be monitoring the copper level everyday with the Hanna checker
 
I have 5 giant turbo snail in a 135 gallon aquarium but need to medicate the tank with copper, will the snail eat my coral in a 20 gallon reef tank ?
You know you won't be able to add inverts back to the 135, right?
 
Yeah 5 giant turbo snails will need some extra food. Serious extra food. Those snails are amazing but once they eat all the algae they die off for me then the algae comes back a bit then I need more of them... tough cycle
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new