Giesemann Aurora Hybrid Issues: Troubleshooting Ideas?

crkessler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm new to the forums so it's a bummer my first thread is about...another bummer.

I was hoping to get some help on how to go about troubleshooting issues with my Giesemann Aurora 24"

I purchased it only a couple weeks ago from a fellow reefer online that had bought it from BRS a few years ago, but due to life situations it never found a home over a tank and remained brand new, box only opened to confirm contents.

I knew these fixtures were notorious with the lousy software, but the general set up of the fixture itself seemed straight forward. I installed my bulbs, checked they were swell sat, and plugged it in expecting it to fire up as per all directions from the manual and CoralVue.

Nothing. Well, sort of. The LED panel flashes blue for a split second but otherwise nothing happens.

Here's what I have done to troubleshoot thus far:

1) Rechecked the bulbs were properly seated (and had no damage to them directly)

2) Checked the PSU was properly set to 115v as I am in NA

3) PSU LED indicator is lit and showing continuous green indicating a functional unit. (Unless I'm missing something?)

4) Tried different, functioning outlets throughout the house.

5) Opened the sides to check for any obviously damaged wires or loose or disconnected connections, nothing seemed to be out of place (which would make sense given it was essentially new and never used?)

At this point I'm at a loss and it's killing me a bit. While I was definitely able to get it well below retail, I spent quite a bit of my savings on it. And since its a purchase a few years old and I'm not the original owner, the limited warranty doesn't seem to apply as far as I can tell. No response from CoralVue or Giesemann on ideas as to what to do next as of yet.

Anyone have any general ideas of what to try? I don't own any meters and such just as an FYI. Any and all help would be super super appreciated.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is all I could find

For help ask for Carlos (email) at CoralVue

OP
OP
crkessler

crkessler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is all I could find

For help ask for Carlos (email) at CoralVue

Thank you!

OP
OP
crkessler

crkessler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

Alright guys, I figured out a solution! I've seen a lot of people with the Aurora and other Gman products around the web with similar futura issues so I'll post how I solved this particular issue. I'm new here so I don't know how it works with getting solved issues merged with more dedicated posts, but here is what I did:

Issue: Gman Aurora not being found by Windows Bluetooth/Unable to connect to found fixture. (WINDOWS 10)

PART 1, FINDING THE FIXTURE:

1) Unplugged fixture
2) Clean Reinstall of of FuturaBT
3) PC Reboot
4) Return power to fixture
5) Go to WINDOWS Bluetooth manager (start > settings > devices)
6) Turn Windows Bluetooth OFF and ON again
7) Add Bluetooth device > select Bluetooth (first of 3 options)
8) Wait for Windows to sort its **** out and wait for Aurora LED/T5 (or other fixture to be found)
9) Connect to fixture and Windows should install it as a new device

PART 2, CONNECTING/RECONNECTING WITH FUTURA BT:

1) Confirm Windows has now installed your light as a device. See device list where you turn bluetooth on off.
2) Launch FuturaBT > Connect > Wait > Connect To Light.

Still Not working? Continue on...

3) Close and reopen Futura (Do not attempt to reconnect yet)
4) Access windows device manager (Windows Search > Device Manager)
5) Select Bluetooth > right click all bluetooth devices > update drivers to make sure they are up to date
6) Continue to Network Adapters and right click Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network), click scan for hardware changes.

1605399062641.png

7) Give the PC a moment. It may take a moment or not appear to do anything at all, doesn't matter.
8) Return to FuturaBT and click connect
9) Futura should find the light like before, attempt to reconnect again. After following these steps, the light should hopefully connect/reconnect normally.

Hope this helps!

Back