OP
OP
jwilliams860

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I knew Jeremey was on the CoralVue but mostly responding to the Reef Octopus stuff, so hopefully one of them checks this one too.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you go to there shop on the english site you can order. I did and just received mine yesterday
52d662ff90494cb6e003c699c1c7312d.jpg

Last edited:

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be posting a review and my impressions shortly. Overall nice fixtures but there are some short-comings or simply things they overlooked during the design.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOw wide is the space between the T5s?
With the standard endplate the entire fixture is 22.5 inches wide which almost perfectly matches the reefer 425XL. There are optional shortening arms which they sell which will decrease the width to 19.5 inches. The shortening arms come with shorter brackets to hold the LED's.

With the Standard brackets the width available for the LED module is about 10 inches. My Radion G4 fit fine with a room to spare. I will need to measure but the distance between front and back T5 bulbs is 16-17 inches.

Be forewarned- if you buy the shorter endplates they do not have ventilation slits. I have emailed them regarding this but I am not getting clear answers as to why. The standard end plates do have slits for passive cooling. I am concerned that the bulbs will overheat with the shorter arms as there is no where for the heat to dissipate from.

Another issue that I am waiting for answers on is in regards to sliding out the acrylic shields for bulb replacement. There is no cut out gap as in the Gemini fixture. In order to remove the acrylic shield you need to loosen the 4 screws holding the endplate on, slide it out and angle it, in order to pull and bend the acrylic out. Quite cumbersome and clearly an oversight in their design. It makes no sense as the fixture is essentially the Gemini without the LED's. My issue is that this will make changing bulbs a royal PIA especially with a ceiling mounted fixture and the repeated unscrewing /re-screwing of these endplate screws into the untapped metal holes will lead to stripping of the heads. Something I am already encountering with one of my screws.

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fixture! I should have you make me one lol! Definitely nicer than the stellar.

I posted a thread called “an honest review of the Giesemann stellar”. It has my impressions and photos.

Nice job with that DIY looks great!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back