Giesemann super actinic vs ATI True actinic

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody used both these tubes: Giesemann super actinic and ATI True actinic?

Is there any noticeable difference between them? Is the super actinic a stronger brighter light like it claims?

Is the Giesemann super actinic actually any different from the older D-D Giesemann powerchrome Pure actinics. This is actually the only one i have seen myself.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I have that same question :D

Ati puts out a bit more power on the 80 watt version. I cant remember where I came across the #’s but it was only by about 4-5 watts. I have read mixed reviews with Giesemann being better for color.

so, I actually have a Giesemann actinic sitting at my door, unopened right now. I have the ati in my fixture right now. I’m switching in 2 weeks and will see what happens.

paal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G and ATI actinics are very similar. I cannot remember seeing any difference.

(When comparing the blue bulbs though, G is a hair darker than ATI)

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get what you like the look of. Neither bulb will test well on a PAR meter since they cannot read the spectrum unless you have a LiCor or other expensive meter. Comparing power between them with a hobby PAR meter is like comparing speed of a car by sticking your tongue out the window. If either of them did have more PAR, then it would likely be from more blue, yellow, green or red and not from anything below 420-440nm, which is what you use Actinic for in the first place - these read on a PAR meter better.

Every manufacturer claims that their lights are the best... and surely at least one of them has to be wrong.

Laurens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also in the market for one of these. The only thing i'm looking for is the color rendering aspect of it (from the below 420nm) to run in 2 pairs with gieseman tropic bulbs. The readable blue par will come from 4 ati b+. If the gieseman has les readable par, does that mean it has probaply more in the range that I am looking for?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%

Back