Giesemann T5 + Kessil A360X PAR

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a Giesemann 24" T5 + LED hybrid fixture running 2 ATI Blue+ and 2 ATI Actinics on it, with 2 Kessils A360X's. I rented a PAR meter and have been playing around with it... Is there any data or measurements I could take that would help the community as a whole before I return the meter? I know a lot of folks are jumping on the T5 + LED hybrid train, and may have questions....

Overall I really like the look of the light produced with this combo, I'm glad I purchased the fixture! PAR readings are pretty good and about perfect for a mixed reef, lower PARs in the bottom and side sand bed areas, with higher PARs up top. Seems to be right where I want them!

JoeD_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you still get good shimmer or do the t 5s wash them out?

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take readings at the bottom of the tank and about 6 inches from the top. Also tell people what type of coral you intend to keep. On the 360x what do you have the 5 bands set to?

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good shimmer still, especially when the intensity is cranked up to 70+.

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s good, I’ve always wondered if there was shimmer still on a t5’s/led hybrid

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think a red sea led 90 would fit in there? The dimensions are 5 3/4" deep, 6.125" wide and @2" high square.

I feel like I want more par in my reefer 170 but not sure how to go about it. Already using the led 90.

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have a Giesemann 24" T5 + LED hybrid fixture running 2 ATI Blue+ and 2 ATI Actinics on it, with 2 Kessils A360X's. I rented a PAR meter and have been playing around with it... Is there any data or measurements I could take that would help the community as a whole before I return the meter? I know a lot of folks are jumping on the T5 + LED hybrid train, and may have questions....

Overall I really like the look of the light produced with this combo, I'm glad I purchased the fixture! PAR readings are pretty good and about perfect for a mixed reef, lower PARs in the bottom and side sand bed areas, with higher PARs up top. Seems to be right where I want them!
This is exactly what I want to get for my 90 cube...glad to hear you like it!

jerburton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Could you post a photo of your display with the par numbers superimposed at various locations? I have an old t5 fixture that I was thinking of retrofitting with 1 or 2 A360x(s). Seeing some numbers at various intensities would be super helpful! Thanks!

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post a photo of your display with the par numbers superimposed at various locations? I have an old t5 fixture that I was thinking of retrofitting with 1 or 2 A360x(s). Seeing some numbers at various intensities would be super helpful! Thanks!
Yes, I can do that hopefully later tonight. Overall the average PAR is around 300 or so in the top 1/2, around 150 at the bottom (24" down). That's at 70% intensity of two A360X's and the 4 T5's. I found that to be about the perfect level.

jerburton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I can do that hopefully later tonight. Overall the average PAR is around 300 or so in the top 1/2, around 150 at the bottom (24" down). That's at 70% intensity of two A360X's and the 4 T5's. I found that to be about the perfect level.
I would still love to see a video of this set-up - less for par and more from aesthetics

Back