Give it to me straight, doc. Chipped top edge in 19mm panel.

Amphibious Wallet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was giving this tank a merry old clean and levelling one corner a half inch when I spotted what I do not think existed prior to taking ownership just last week, but I was excited and may have overlooked it/worried only about the front seals after all the doom and gloom r*d s*a circus. Either way, cash has traded hands and the deal is done

If I pull on the front and rear panels, I can make the 'bubble' grow downwards about 4-5mm, but thinking that if I pulled really hard and made it worse, better empty than full. I can't make it grow any larger than that 4-5mm no matter how hard I pull. Consider that only a colleague and myself moved this 440lb tank.

My low experience options;
1. Pass it over to someone else.
2. Fill it with fresh (1/4 full one week, 1/2 the next etc) to see how it plays out
3. Find someone local that can redo the seals on this and connecting panes. I have no idea how much this would cost, even if I did all the dirty work.
4. Raise everything in the room on some thick pavers, "She'll be right mate" and just bloody send it.

I'm thinking in the order of 2, 3, 1.
Tank is 6'x2'x2' with 3/4" glass.

How do I into images.
IMG_20230826_162859.jpg
IMG_20230826_162904.jpg
IMG_20230826_162924.jpg
IMG_20230826_163003.jpg

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that you don't know if in two weeks/month/years that seam could give under the constant water pressure. You only pull for a few seconds, the water pushes 24/7.
And then its full of stock. Trust me a tank swap is the last thing you want to do.
Ask a aquarium builder in your area if they can fix it, i would not use it as is.

Celestion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a complete silicone rebuild is by far the best option , that chip is nothing

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back