5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two+Levels+Website.png
JoinTheAlliancePt4.png

Giving Tuesday History

Giving Tuesday has been around since 2012 and is always the Tuesday immediately following Thanksgiving. The first Giving Tuesday was organized by Henry Timms and the United Nations Foundation, with the idea of reversing the trend of consumerism seen during November and focusing instead on giving back to your community.

Now, the occasion is described as a 'global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the and the world,' by GivingTuesday.org. In 2022, people like you came together to raise an estimated three billion dollars for nonprofit organizations.

So this year, after you have finished all of your Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping, consider supporting an organization with a cause you believe in. Make one more purchase that gives back to your community or the planet. While we hope you'll support Ocean Rescue Alliance International this Giving Tuesday, we'll just be happy as long as you give back this Tuesday. https://www.oceanrescuealliance.org/join

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back