I Feel Like Giving Something Away. But How, and When? Brainstorming Ideas…

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
What’s up Reefers! I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how to give back to those who have watched and supported my YouTube channel. The thing with giveaways is that there are always a bunch of hoops you have to jump through to enter. I am not an influencer, and I don’t believe in making people like, subscribe, or follow to earn my gratitude. So I will be having a no strings giveaway soon. I just gotta figure out how and when. More to come! Happy Reefing! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
My favorite giveaways are for people who post the first response to a post when a generous person is trying to figure out how to dole out the goddies. :thinking-face: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Otherwise, on some local forums freebies go to the first person to post "Dibs" in a reply.

Got that covered, pretty cool that you are contemplating these things.

Take A Bow Kiss GIF by Major League Soccer

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
My favorite giveaways are for people who post the first response to a post when a generous person is trying to figure out how to dole out the goddies. :thinking-face: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Otherwise, on some local forums freebies go to the first person to post "Dibs" in a reply.

Got that covered, pretty cool that you are contemplating these things.

Take A Bow Kiss GIF by Major League Soccer
I like the way you think! Really it would be just me taking money out of my wallet and buying something. I’m not rich, and there would be no sponsor, tax write off, or benefit to me whatsoever. Just genuinely showing my appreciation to you all who have supported me along the way. I will probably post a random video on my channel and not really promote it. Thanks for the feedback! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
u can have a person comment there favorite fish and u can use a random comment generator in yt to pick a winner
Thanks. Yeah, if I do a giveaway, it will be low key on my channel, and I will probably do just that. I am not interested in harvesting subscribers, so it won’t be a big promotion. I just want to show my appreciation to those that choose to “hang out” with me.

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Definitely use a rando generator.
Look into doing stickers! Plus like a mega "winner" so you can give a little something to a lot of people!

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Definitely use a rando generator.
Look into doing stickers! Plus like a mega "winner" so you can give a little something to a lot of people!
That’s a pretty good idea! I just think making things to hand out with my logo on them is kinda pushing it. My channel is tiny, and isn’t a brand. But I like the idea of smaller prizes with a grand prize. Thanks!

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What’s up Reefers! I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how to give back to those who have watched and supported my YouTube channel. The thing with giveaways is that there are always a bunch of hoops you have to jump through to enter. I am not an influencer, and I don’t believe in making people like, subscribe, or follow to earn my gratitude. So I will be having a no strings giveaway soon. I just gotta figure out how and when. More to come! Happy Reefing! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Didn't know you had a YouTube channel, I do now

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Didn't know you had a YouTube channel, I do now
I’ve been told it’s like watching your reefing buddy mess with their tanks rather than seeing a video. Not sure if that’s good or bad! Lol.
But I just do it for fun, I’m just a working class Reefer.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been told it’s like watching your reefing buddy mess with their tanks rather than seeing a video. Not sure if that’s good or bad! Lol.
But I just do it for fun, I’m just a working class Reefer.
Don't over extend yourself, If you receive perks from suppliers just use that in your give away. I watched a couple of your videos, you already have given something to your viewers. Knowledge about products or practices from experienced to a novice is priceless.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My channel is tiny, and isn’t a brand.
You have close to 1.5k subscribers, your videos have a pretty stable level of views except the UV sterilizer video. You have more than twice the views on the UV sterilizer than you have subscribers. Your popping up on search terms, don't stop what your doing keep it up. It will get to were its worth your time to make videos.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't over extend yourself, If you receive perks from suppliers just use that in your give away. I watched a couple of your videos, you already have given something to your viewers. Knowledge about products or practices from experienced to a novice is priceless.
I don’t accept free things from anyone, but I just got some overtime at work so I should be good. Just don’t tell my wife! :grinning-face-with-sweat:
You have close to 1.5k subscribers, your videos have a pretty stable level of views except the UV sterilizer video. You have more than twice the views on the UV sterilizer than you have subscribers. Your popping up on search terms, don't stop what your doing keep it up. It will get to were its worth your time to make videos.
Yeah, views and subs don’t matter to me. But surprisingly the channel makes about $50 a month now, and I donate it to the Coral Restoration Foundation. I do care about supporting them, and that is the main reason I want to give back to those who watch.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
I have decided to give away a $100 electronic gift card for Cherry Corals! I just want to give back to those of you who watch and support the channel. It will be open to U.S. residents in the 48 continental states.

There are no sponsors, catches, or signup requirements for this giveaway! It will be announced in a video soon, and take place only on the channel at: https://youtube.com/@Reefer_Matt?feature=shared

So the only way to win is to watch! See ya soon!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back