FISH
Black Ice clownfish
Gladiator clownfish
Mandarín dragonete
Six line wrasse

INVERTS
Peppermint shrimp
Blue legged hermit crab

About five days before this happened I accedently over dosed red slime remover (I dosed for about 30 gallons) thinking that it would just get rid of my red slime faster. Then five days later (5-4-2020) my black ice clownfish has stopped eating and is heavily breathing Most of the time she was on the sand bed resting but unfortunately she has now passed away so the next morning I wake up feed the tank and my six line is dead lying on the sand bed and my gladiator clownfish was now heavily breathing which up to today is still heavily breathing and not eating so then I realize that it could be my overdose on redslime remover so what I did was put all my live stock into a bucket full of emergency salt water which was at 1.024
And it had a heater and a circulation pump and yes I did acclimate temperature acclimation and just slowly added a bit of water into the zip lock bag I had them in for acclimation so then about 15 minutes later I had them In to the bucket by just transferring them not any water by picking them up with my hand and putting them into the bucket so then once everything was good with that I started draining my tank took All the rock and bleached it and put it into a bucket with seacheam prime to remove any excess chlorine and tested the water till there was no chlorine which was about a minute after adding the prime conditioner then I took all of my sand out and rinsed that out and did the same with all the equipment filter and pumps so then I replaced my original background with a black one and used the sea view adhesive and put the rinsed out sand in then put in the rocks which have only been bleached for a couple of hours but look brand new then I put a new glass thermometer from Petco with the suction cup then put all filtration in I replaced all the media except for the chemical pure and have put the skimmer in place but have not started it up yet and plan not to till about a week or two then after that I used fritz aquatics salt mix the regular one to mix about 20 gallons of salt at about 1.025 specific gravity then added slowly into the tank with a plastic bag to reduce cloudiness then plugged in the heater and the power head and filter but not the skimmer then I added fritz aquatics turbo start 900 zyme to jump start my tank then waited 5 minutes for it to settle then started to drip acclimate for about 15 Minutes then added the fish in with my hands to avoid cross contamination and added the rest of the live stock the same way then the next morning my clownfish is still not eating at all not eating pellet food live brine shrimp or even frozen brine which he usually goes crazy for and he is still breathing heavily and my mandarin dragonete is now perfectly healthy about a couple hours later added a black occellaris and a Royal grama and a banded trochas snail which are perfectly healthy I dripped acclimated the for about 15 minutes with a bubbler now my gladiator clownfish has went from the sand bed to my skimmer which is where he usually is and is still breathing quickly. Could anyone help
Identify the problem and tell me a possible solution

Jenuvio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a lot of work! Not to be a downer but I’ve had a pair of clowns that looked completely healthy one day, the next day, one of them quickly got sick and died, then a couple days later the second one died for no apparent reason. My guess is that it died of depression for loosing the mate... It would even try to push the other clown to move when he was dead. So sad.

For you this may be the overdosing doing damage but I am a witness of serious clown depression..

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polish_20200506_011127297.jpg

Chemiclean treatment will reduce O2 in the water column and is likely the cause of your death's.

You've done a great deal in a very short time with the tank. I suggest you slow down and test your water for a cycle, especially ammonia going forward.

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks I did notice the gladiator clown was very sad so that’s why I got him a new friend he has now returned to his regular area but is still breathing quickly and still not eating so should I put an air stone in there and test the water

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this helps

F075F2EA-13A8-4772-85F1-CA28C2B3184C.jpeg

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this also helps

Attachments

• IMG_1063.MOV
    12 MB
OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this

Attachments

• IMG_1064.MOV
    5.2 MB

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish have been through a lot of water changes and stress as you work to what sounds like get a new tank established. You need to start slower. Adding a lot of life to a tank of water is stressing the ecosystem.

I wouldn't get anymore new fish until you can establish the tank and have a handle on water quality/ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels going forward.

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I don’t plan on getting anything soon. The only thing in mide really in mind is a six line wrasse which I won’t get till July so abou two months

Bluespottedjawfish1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds a lot like Brook to me. I lost a bunch of fish a few years back, all my clowns plus wrasses. Look up Brooklynella disease and see if the symptoms match what you are seeing.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would second that thinking, rapid respiration and/or not eating, both can be linked to brook, ick, or velvet.
I can’t see the pics, but sounds like something is up...

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you can see the pictures and identify what’s wrong

DEEB7C22-C027-4249-9BD1-43D50F3762E1.jpeg 7C9239EF-0607-4EC6-8446-75FA095D2664.jpeg DB98996D-50EF-496F-94B5-15593830298C.jpeg 7EFA7ABB-8AC5-4BDC-AAB6-9E2E4ADB1474.jpeg EC6525AB-A671-4AE8-8599-977686557F37.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1074.MOV
    2.1 MB
OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also plan on seeding with Coraline in a bottle from BRS would you guys recommend it?

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would second that thinking, rapid respiration and/or not eating, both can be linked to brook, ick, or velvet.
I can’t see the pics, but sounds like something is up...
There is no visual parasites on the fish

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think your fish are sick at all, I think your tank is too new and you haven't established the tank long enough to be able to support life.
Well then why is it only happening to my clownfish and not my other fish and not to mention but my mandarin was acting the same in the bucket until a day after I added him to the tank

OP
OP
maxone

maxone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think your fish are sick at all, I think your tank is too new and you haven't established the tank long enough to be able to support life.
And yes my tank is actually cycling I’m just about done with the ammonia today it read about 2.25ppm on an api test kit

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%

Back